• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to remove click boxes-HELP!

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a presentation in Captivate 5.5, and am a new user of the program.

I imported a Powerpoint and added voiceover to each of my 12 slides, and then realized that click boxes had been automatically added to each slide when I imported. I deleted each of these, since I want the presentation to play through without the animations or audio pausing during the slides. Even now, after they have been deleted, when I preview the presentation or fully publish it, the click box still pauses the animation, even after being deleted. Why is this happening? I need them gone!!

I'm on a deadline and need to get this resolved ASAP. Does anyone have any advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

You should have seen the click boxes if you choose the first option (user advance), I do not know why AdiyaKalania says they are embedded

But this must be something in PPT, where you want to advance by mouse click. Captivate will honor that. Check in Advanced animation, Animation pane in PPT, if any object is set to appear at mouse click. The symbols (green) in this screenshot show that there is a click wanted for the object to appear:

ppt.png

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the Timeline of such a slide?

Was PPT set up to have user interaction to move on?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

captivate.JPG

As far as I can tell, there were no special interaction settings in Powerpoint. It was provided to me by a SME who made it simply with animations on the text for the various talking points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matthew, can you post a screen capture of PowerPoint? If it's version 2010, click the slide affected and look at the Transitions tab.

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

Here's the slide that's giving me trouble:

captivate 2.JPG

Where I'm running into issues is in my preview of the presentation (F12) in Captivate.

As I play the presentation, it is automatically pausing both the audio and animation as the first talking point "Cash Flow is KING" comes onto the screen, which would usually be attributed to a click box, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mathew,

These click boxes are embedded in the slide at the time of creation of the project.

We cannot delete them from this project as they were taken from Microsoft PowerPoint

Please create a new project from Microsoft PowerPoint and in the 'Convert PowerPoint Presentation' dialog box, set Advanced Slide to Automatically.

Capture1.jpg

Hope you will find this helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this, and I'm coming up with the same result. The presentation pauses at the same places as it did before I created the new one with the adjusted Advance Slide settings.

What else could be causing this? There are no click boxes in this new presentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have seen the click boxes if you choose the first option (user advance), I do not know why AdiyaKalania says they are embedded

But this must be something in PPT, where you want to advance by mouse click. Captivate will honor that. Check in Advanced animation, Animation pane in PPT, if any object is set to appear at mouse click. The symbols (green) in this screenshot show that there is a click wanted for the object to appear:

ppt.png

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri,

I'm looking at this now and it is set to appear On Click, should I set them to Start With Previous or Start After Previous?

I have some of the animations set to delay until later in the slide to coincide with talking points, so is Start After Previous my best option?

Thanks all for your help so far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine, that is what I tried to explain, probably not well, from the start.

Yes, set it to appear after previous (if you want a sequence) instead of by click. Try to do the timing that way and re-import in Captivate.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again for your help, I was finally able to resolve the problem by adjusting the advanced animations settings in PPT.

All your input has been much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have buttons on that slide?

Can you share the project with us?

Please provide your email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources