Skip navigation
Star-AoB
Currently Being Moderated

I can't rename or move RAW files in Bridge (Mac)

Apr 12, 2012 8:10 AM

Tags: #raw #bridge #mac

Permissions are all set to read/write in finder and other file formats are fine. Batch rename just does nothing, trying to move it gets the error message "The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient permissions"

Running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 and all software is up to date.

Help?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 8:40 AM   in reply to Star-AoB

If on external drive this will add to permission problems.

If so, right click on Bridge icon and choose "run as administrator".  If this works you have a permission problem.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Apr 12, 2012 9:15 AM   in reply to Star-AoB

I didn't see "run as an admin" as an option when I right-clicked the Bridge

icon, is there another way to access that?

That is probably a 'Windows only' feature.

You did not report what version of Bridge you are using.

First check if the folder you are working in is not locked (choose folder in finder and use cmd+i)

And try a check and repair permissions using Apple Disk Utility.

And if no luck also try restart Bridge holding down option key and chose reset preferences.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 10:04 AM   in reply to Star-AoB

Can you do any operatons like adding a keyword, stars, or labels?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 10:53 AM   in reply to Star-AoB

So this is only an issue with moving raw files, you can move and rename a jpeg?

If so, it kind of narrows it down to specirfics with moving and renaming raw files, which Omke can steer you right on, hopefullly.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Apr 15, 2012 4:43 AM   in reply to Star-AoB

Alas, I just found a jpeg I can't move.

There are two things to try also.

Don't know if you have cached a lot of files already but personally I would manual dump the Cache file for Bridge and also the second option, dump the plist file for bridge.

You have to cache the files again but that takes only a bit of time, depending on amount and file size.

Also you have to go to the user library that by default is hidden in 10.7. I'm still on 10.6 but there are a lot of solutions on Google to retrieve the user library.

Quit Bridge (and for safety all other CS Suite apps.)

in the user library preferences folder find the Bridge  (still not clear what version you are using?) plist file but for CS5 that is Bridge version 4 (com.adobe.bridge4.plist) and manual drag to the trash.

Then in the same library caches folder go to Adobe/BridgeCS5 / and in here delete both the cache folder and plug in to the trash.

Again run check and repair permissions on your Mac and then restart Bridge again with option key and again reset preferences.

Yes, you have to recreate the custom settings but that is only a few minutes, al your saved workspaces and keyword list are still in place and workspace reset gets your saved workspaces back (only without the UI colors, but those are also easy to recreate)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points