• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Production Premium revealed. Audition CS6 Details.

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news, everyone!

I'm very excited to share the news that Production Premium CS6 will be revealed at NAB next week, but even better, I get to share details about Audition CS6 with everyone right away.  More detailed information about some of the new features will be released on the Audition Inside Sound blog this week, but I'l be happy to discuss specifics about the new features on this message thread.

Here's a quick list of the new features and functionality:

Audition CS6 Highlights:

• Real-time and rendered clip stretching in multi-track - including new “varispeed” mode
  • Clip Grouping – Including suspend, trimming, & stretching of groups
  • VST3 support (Mac and Win) and more effects
  • New pitch correction/manipulation tools
  • Automatic speech alignment tool
  • Red Book Audio CD burning
  • Hardware controllers support - Including native Avid EUCON and Mackie MCU support
  • Write/Touch/Latch automation modes
  • Media browser with file preview
  • Session Templates and Enhancements
  • Expanded file format support (Native, libsndfile, DLMS)

Audition CS6 Complete List of New Features:

Multitrack

• Session templates
  • Automatic speech alignment
  • Clip grouping
    • Suspend mode
    • Focus clip actions
    • Trim/fade grouped clips
    • Time aligned stretching of groups
  • Clip spotting – Manual entry of clip start or end time
  • Clip stretching - Real-time and rendered mode using iZotope Radius
  • Vari-speed clip stretching
  • Metronome Track
  • Skip selection play mode
  • Save all open files with session preference
  • Select all clips from playhead to end of track
  • Sum to mono per track
  • Bounce selected track
  • Reveal clip in files panel
  • Trim to selection
  • Send clip to back
  • Preference to play/hide overlapped clips
  • Mixer enhancements
  • Snap volume and pan envelopes at 0dB
  • Drag and drop file marker range to multitrack (as clip)

Waveform (Editor)

• Multiple clipboards
  • Skip selection play mode
  • Open append
  • Subclip marker support (Premiere and Prelude)
  • Improvements to spectral spot Healing (Limit selection to x- or y- axis)
  • Pitch display

Effects

• VST3
  • Side Chain support
  • Improved plug-in scanning engine
  • New channel map per effect – Control over effect input and output channel routing
  • Save and apply Effect Racks as a favorite
  • New/Added effects:
    • Automatic Pitch Correction
    • Manual Pitch Correction with new spectral pitch view mode
    • Generate Tones
    • Doppler Shifter
    • Notch Filter
    • Graphic Phase Shifter
    • Gain / Fade Envelopes

General

• Media Browser
  • Preview in Media Browser and files panel
  • Search/filter in Media Browser and files panel
  • Display markers for all files in markers panel
  • Access and open order fields in files panel (sorting)
  • Keyboard shortcuts (shortcut editor enhancements, copy to clipboard)
  • Adobe Graphics Manager Implementation to improve UI drawing
  • DLMS Integration to support additional video and audio file format import/open
  • OpenGL display for video including improved video display for improved performance
  • New spectral display preferences
  • Support for additional framerates (23.976, 59.94 ndf/df)
  • Machine-specific device preferences (optional common audio hardware settings for all users)
  • Import most preferences from CS5.5
  • Pinch-to-zoom, rotate to scrub Mac touchpad support (Mac only)
  • Improved properties panel UI layout

Broadcast Specific

• ITU Loudness – Normalize files (batch) to ITU-BS.1770-2 (R128), view loudness level diagnostics
  • Native MPEG1-Layer 2 audio (MP2) import and export
  • Enhanced CART timer and metadata support

Control Surface/Automation

• Mackie MCU, native Avid EUCON, other controller support
  • Recordable track automation (Full Write, Touch, Latch support with undo)

Format support

• MPEG4, HD Video, and additional audio import (via DLMS)
  • Native MPEG1-Layer2 (MP2) audio import and export
  • Native APE, FLAC, OGG export and import
  • libsndfile export – export most formats supported by libsndfile
  • CD Import metadata support (via FreeDB)
  • Enhanced RAW format support

Output

• Red Book CD Burning (via CD layout)
  • Quick burn single-file, CD-TEXT)
  • Advanced mixdown – Mixdown tracks, busses and/or master as seperate files
  • Save All Audio As batch process
  • Save Copies of Associated Files – Collect/archive all files in a session
  • Save open file references in session (“remember” all open files with the session)
  • Advanced session export – Including ability to convert sample rate of session and associated files
  • Preferred asset importer saved with session files

edited to include additional features.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to add to Durin's post, you can get some initial screen snippets (although not complete and we'll be posting more details on Inside Sound blog in the future) here: http://success.adobe.com/assets/en/downloads/guides/AU_CS6_WN_Reveal.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds dream like. Will MIDI be also supported so we can use midi controllers for more comfortable mixing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mannymac wrote:

Sounds dream like. Will MIDI be also supported so we can use midi controllers for more comfortable mixing?

Are you referring to control surfaces/hardware like Mackie, FaderPort, and the like (flying faders, transport control, etc)? If so, then yes, some of those controllers piggy back on the MIDI protocol for interfacing and control. We support the same controllers Audition 3 had (which was largely Mackie MCU protocol based and used by many 3rd party controllers). We have also added native Avid EUCON protocol in order to support the Avid Artist series controllers (aka Euphonix).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think its been said before but maybe not in capitals - WOW!

Manual pitch correction, groups, metronome and a few other things would have done me but this looks like you guys have been flat out!

Heaps more there than I could have even hoped for - really looking forward to getting hold of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.  This raises the game.  On or ahead of predicted schedule too.  Bring it on!

Hey, does this mean a new version of the translator?  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is obviously a lot of totally new stuff that isn't relevant to conversion but looking at the list there is probably a couple of things we can add like (and I'm guessing here) group clips, notch filter fx, clip stretch and maybe more.

I thought I saw what looked like a metronome icon (similar to the one in Reaper) in the sneak peak video but I didn't see it mentioned in Colin's list.

Will know more once I get my hands on a copy.

Either way we will have something out as fast as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Metronome isn't on Durin's list but it's there on the detailed pages in the link Colin put up in the second post of this thread..."Metronome Page 7".

So...YAY!

I wish I was going to be at NAB this year....and hope we can download the trial as soon as the announcement is made there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Mea Culpa... metronome is in Audition CS6! We'll give some more info on it on the blog, but basically it's now track based, routable and quite handy.

Bob Howes wrote:

Metronome isn't on Durin's list but it's there on the detailed pages in the link Colin put up in the second post of this thread..."Metronome Page 7".

So...YAY!

I wish I was going to be at NAB this year....and hope we can download the trial as soon as the announcement is made there.

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to NAB for the first time - maybe they have Adobe show bags with trial versions in it - LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main list has been updated to reflect the missed items, and I reserve the right to continue updating it with other features we might have overlooked when posting!

The metronome in CS6 is really nice.  It's a unique track that can be treated like any audio track.  You can edit the pattern, route the output through sends and buses, record automation for cases where you might only want a lead-in, run effects on it if that floats your boat.  You can even include it in your mixdown if you wish. 

I'll be adding some posts today and tomorrow showing off some of the new stuff.  Feel free to make requests so I don't have to make the hard decisions about what to share first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! But what about midi track like it was in Audition 3? Where you can insert or edit notes. Is it back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MIDI Sequencing and VSTi support is not available in Audition CS6.  There was a lot of primary feature development this cycle, and I would not have wanted to make the compromises to a MIDI environment that would have been necessary to squeeze it in this cycle.

MIDI composition support remains in our feature backlog and is considered for each release, but there are several reasons it doesn't typically bubble up higher in priority.  Audition and Cool Edit always shined as audio editing tools, and this has always been the focus of the team with MIDI support sort of an afterthought, but never our core competency.  With Audition 3, we built a basic MIDI Sequencer with VSTi support, but ran into some implementation speed bumps when plugging it into the existing playback engine that resulted in a less-than-great experience in my opinion.  It functioned, but I've never felt it held up to the other areas of Audition in terms of usability and simplicity.

I know there are those on the team - myself included - that would love to develop a full MIDI environment, and while it's never been a highly-demanded feature, I know plenty of users would like a basic composition workflow in Audition as well.  If we tackle this, I would hope we can take the time and resources to design a very competent interface that you enjoy using, and not just build something as a check mark on a feature list.  We can start a separate thread on this, perhaps in the Feature Request forum, and discuss in detail what sort of functionality and tools you would like to see in Audition to support MIDI and virtual instruments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

_durin_ wrote:

MIDI composition support remains in our feature backlog...

And long may it do so!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be waiting... And what about ReWire?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

_durin_ wrote:

If we tackle this, I would hope we can take the time and resources to design a very competent interface that you enjoy using, and not just build something as a check mark on a feature list.

Meanwhile it would be only logical to have ReWire in CS6 to use other software.

Othere major audio software like ACID Pro, Logic, Cubase, Sonar, ProTools have ReWire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But they are all Music Sequencers rather than pure audio editors, except perhaps for PT which is ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great job, very nice to see the new features and the "old" ones finally restored!

What I don't see here is "Rejoining split clips" and the possibility to open the previous ".ses" files. Considering there's a "nearly" in the list of the new features, will there be something else near to what I mentioned above? It would be amazing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vadrum wrote:

Considering there's a "nearly" in the list of the new features, will there be something else near to what I mentioned above? It would be amazing

Ah, this list Durin gives is pretty much complete, I wrote "nearly" in my type up just in case I accidentally missed something small. We fixed/tweaked quite a few very small things (to some these will really matter for their workflow). The bulk of it is listed above or on the blog, especially the large features. For example, as I'm typing this I just realized a small change that i need to add to the blog post list, which is "restricting the X or Y movement of the mouse in spectral using a modifier key when performing a selection", small change but for anyone doing lots of restoration work, it makes linear selections far easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just won me over. The question is if I buy Audition CS 5.5 now do I get CS 6 upgrade free? or should I just wait?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ReWire support has also not been implemented for Audition CS at this time.

Adobe has historically always offered a free upgrade grace period when you purchase the current version close to the announcement (or in this case, the reveal) of the next release.  If you purchase Audition CS 5.5 now, you'll be eligible for a free upgrade to CS6 when released.  I believe this only applies to purchases made directly from Adobe (via the adobe.com online store or telephone sales) and will provide you with the downloadable installer for CS6 when released. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's some additional information on the upgrade policy now that we have revealed the product (this link is diectly from the Adobe Store):

http://store.adobe.com/store/en_us/popup/offer/cs55_cs6.html

Thanks,

--Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that, Ron!

To save others having to read some very fine print...what Ron linked to says that those with Audition CS5.5 will, for a special one-time offer, get a FREE upgrade to CS6.

The next person to say Adobe haven't listened to customers on this forum deserves to be jumped on!  That sound very fair to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

I believe the free upgrade Ron posted only applies to items purchased between March 26 and May 6, 2012.  Full pricing and upgrade details have yet to be released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooops!  Well, I SAID it was very small print!

I really must see about new glasses....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines