Skip navigation
JonaTec1
Currently Being Moderated

Problem creating type on a path

Apr 12, 2012 11:06 AM

Hi, Photoshop CS5 newbie

I am trying to type along a path but every time the text stops at the point in the attached screen shot, looks like a cross inside a small circle. Where am I going wrong please ?

shot1.png

Thanks....

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 1:09 PM   in reply to JonaTec1

Hi Jona,

The empty circle is the end point of the path till where you can type on a path.  However the circle with the cross indicates that there is some text hidden on the path after the end points.

According to the screenshot you have there are two paths selected first from cross to emptly circle and second which has circle filled with cross bearing some text which is not visible.

Try creating a simple path with pen tool and use the text on path tool on it and it should work fine.

Thanks

Mandhir

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 10:41 PM   in reply to JonaTec1

I assume the test is set to »Right align text«; with the Text Layer active can you command-drag (the text cursor should get a small black triangle to the left) the point to the right?

textOnPathScr.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2013 3:02 PM   in reply to c.pfaffenbichler

I have this exact issue.  The circle with the x comes up every time.  I've tried every variation of text and alignment with no luck.  I've tried this on two different machines. 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points