Skip navigation
Quaczar
Currently Being Moderated

Deleted CS6 Beta after giving it a 20 day test run

Apr 12, 2012 1:52 AM

Well sports fans, I finally made the decision to delete CS6 Beta from my computer and return to my trusty CS5 Extended. I'm still running XP (gasp) on my computer and a good chunk of the features on CS6 aren't available for this OS. The 3D section is entirely gone, plus other various features.

The replace and fill worked to a certain extent but it still needs you to do some tweaking with the healing brush to really make it effective. You can actually do this via a few step's manually, but the replace fill does some sort of macro to make this function automatic The blur tools were sort of fun, but nothing that I couldn't live without. All in all, CS6 is nice. but not worth it as an upgrade because of the issues I previously mentioned. I use CS5 Extended virtually everyday and for my money, it still does an amazing job.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 6:12 AM   in reply to Quaczar

If you ever venture outside of the XP world, give CS6 another shot. I think you'll be quite impressed with the GPU enhanced features. In terms of the "replace and fill" feature, which I'm assuming you're referring to Content-Aware, it'll never be perfect. With some images, you'll get great results, while others will require a few more steps. It's a great starting point though!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 10:19 AM   in reply to Howard Pinsky

XP.. well.. i hear some even stick to win98 in 2012.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,524 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Apr 12, 2012 11:18 AM   in reply to Quaczar

Clearly, XP's time has come and gone, and given what we're seeing of Windows 8, Windows 7 might be around a good while.  Come over to the dark side - we have (browser) cookies!

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 11:37 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Speaking of Win 8, I'll likely delete that from my computer and put XP back! Yep. I have certain HW/SW stuff that won't run onWin7, and from the looks of it, my printer (Epson 3800) may not run on Win 8. Between the two, it may be $2K just to be able to run in Win 8.

So, XP, full speed ahead (dual boot; I can't run many other things well on XP)

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,524 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Apr 12, 2012 1:24 PM   in reply to Hudechrome

I can't begin to imagine trying to keep things straight on a system that's dual-booted.  Have you considered using virtualization on a host Windows 7 system to run the things you just can't run in Windows 7?  That seems to me a better way to do it.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)