Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Files too large if "Match sequence settings" selected

Apr 12, 2012 11:08 AM

Tags: #adobe #after #effects #pro #premiere #mts #h264 #media #encoder

Hi there

I have a MTS file of 802MB as source file with below information. Besides this I am using a 30 seconds small AE intro animation using dynamic link.

source.png

If I choose "Match sequence settings", I get a file that is 2.15GB. You can see the source file was 802MB and output is 2.15GB which has become a real problem for me to upload it due to repeated disconnection and failure of ftp tools like Filezilla and CuteFTP to resume the upload process. (even though they claim to supprt resume of file transfers but I have to start it from zero bytes everytime)

So, all I need is to improve my understanding about the right encoding method instead of using "Match sequence settings". I had many hopes from H264 but I guess I am still getting large output files. Plase advise I have to finish this project as soon as I can and I am done with editing, inttro animations etc. Only the getting optimized output file and there upload has become a issue for me.

Thanks.

Vibrant Graphics

source_2.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 11:29 AM   in reply to VibrantGraphics

Don't use "Match Settings" - decide who the viewer is and choose from a variety of presets to suit your needs. For instance look under "H.264" and you will find a YouTube Widescreen HD preset, or there are iPod and iPad presets, all kinds of options.

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 11:53 AM   in reply to VibrantGraphics

You are going from 25 fps to 29.97 fps.

And from progressive to lower field, that cannot be right.

As Jeff said dont use Match Sequence settings you end up with the wrong codec.  If you want to make a quick preview that is ok but not for final output.

Use a preset or fill all the parameters manually.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points