Skip navigation
Wisconsin Deb
Currently Being Moderated

Adding a click box for a pop up on a quiz page

Aug 18, 2009 8:08 AM

I would like to add a pop-up scenario review on a quiz page so that those doing the elearning can review the case history.  I have the file saved as a pdf and it allows it to pop-up on other pages of the learning module but I can't figure out how to get this to work on a quiz page.  This is the page I especially want them to have the information so that they can make an informed choice. Does anyone have a thought on how this can be done or what i need to do differently?  Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 18, 2009 9:11 AM   in reply to Wisconsin Deb

Hi Deb

This will be a bit on the cheesy side, but as your name infers you are from Wisconsin, that shouldn't be a big deal, no?

What you might do is to create a blank project sized at 100x100. Configure it with no preloader and no playback control. Then insert a Click Box that opens the PDF. Just insert the PDF file name and no path information. Publish that as a SWF.

Now return to the project where you want to open the PDF from a question slide. Insert the SWF as an animation object. Perhaps layer the area over an image of a PDF or some other trigger to clue the user they may click.

Give that a go and see if it works for you... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 12:29 PM   in reply to Captiv8r

Excellent!! I have been trying to find a way to add on-demand audio to a quiz. You can't add a button or a click box to a quiz, so I was ready to settle for a rollover caption but I didn't like it.

BINGO -- another captivate piece (or I guess I could have used Flash) with a button and audio. published to a simple swf and loaded as an animation. Now I even get the 3 stages of the button instead of a static graphic.

LOVE IT!!!

Thanks Captiv8r

(just got to think outside the box)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points