Skip navigation
DW CS3 user
Currently Being Moderated

Problems installing DW CS3 on second computer... help?

Apr 12, 2012 10:25 AM

The below sequence of events will be all needed to understand the problem.

I initially installed Golive 5.0 on laptop 1 (This software is still on laptop 1).  I upgraded to Golive CS. (This software is also still on laptop 1).  I then upgraded to DW CS3.  This required the DW CS3 serial number AND the GoLive CS serial number in order to activate DW CS3.

I later installed DW CS3 on laptop 2, which again required the DW CS3 serial number and the GoLive CS serial number to activate DW CS 3.

In the meantime I trashed the original GoLive CS disc with serial number, along with the original Golive 5.0 disc and serial number, thinking these would not ever be needed again.

I am now putting a new laptop into service (laptop 3).  I wanted to install DW CS3 on laptop 3, so I uninstalled DW CS3 from laptop 1, as I am retiring it from service.

But the DW CS3 install on laptop 3 is now requiring my old GoLive CS serial number, which I trashed along with the disc months ago.  I cannot complete the install of DW CS3 on laptop 3, I have uninstalled DW CS3 from laptop 1, and cannot reinstall it in order to deactivate it, as I did not know this was required. (De-activate, then uninstall?)

According to everything I've read, I should have a valid install left for DW CS3 onto computer #3, right?  Should I not hope for some understanding and help from Adobe with this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 11:33 AM   in reply to DW CS3 user

You have not mentioned any interaction with Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 11:48 AM   in reply to DW CS3 user

Yes, you should have a valid install left.

However if it wasn't deactivated on the initial machine it may not activate on your new install.

Your only option would be to contact Adobe Support to reset the activations. Generally this has been quite painless in the past. But since the version of Dreamweaver you are using is now soon to be 4 generations back (Go Live even further and no longer in exsistance), I am not sure even they will be able to help you.

Either way your only option is to contact Adobe Support. Or purchase the latest version in either full purchase or affordable subscription method.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 1:55 PM   in reply to DW CS3 user

Nothing the user forums can help you with here.

Contact Adobe Support again. Explain your situation and ask for another activation on your CS3 install.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points