• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OLE - Object Linked Ed'ing - not updating between FM & Ph'shop

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I save changes into a graphic file in Photoshop, one that's already been imported by ref. into my FM file,

I'm not seeing the update in FM. In fact, I'm not seeing the change in Windows Explorer, either. From within

FM and Photoshop, when I do a "save as" to check the date-time stamp on the graphic file, I fall in to a time

loop.

Every time I save or change a file name, the Windows Explorer date-time stamp shows that the change was made

at 11:37 AM, this morning. I've re-booted several times and renamed a couple of different files, after re-booting, but

every time the new file shows up as having been saved at that same, identical moment -- 11:37 am.

When I re-open the same file in Win Paint, and do a "save as" the correct time is displayed in the Explorer

window.

...OK, that may not turn out to be a problem that points back to FM, or Adobe -- the files are saved on the

company network server, not my own hard drive, for one thing -- but I would really appreciate some help with

sorting this out. I work at a small company and I'm the only one using any kind of Adobe software, aside

from Acrobat. Our IT guy is pretty good but hasn't had to spend much time sorting out conflicts between

Adobe and Windows. (Assuming that could be the issue here, since it looks like the Windows side is still

updating correctly, but Adobe is not.)

I'm on a 64-bit Win 7 DELL with a reasonably fast processor and 12 GB of RAM.

My apps. are Photoshop CS4 from Tech Comm Suite 2 (Photoshop 11.0..2) and FM 9.0 p255.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, FWIW, a two hour power failure in the neighborhood (prompting some restart issues with our network), three or

four reboots to be able to log in to the network -- the same day that Adobe Acrobat released an update, with updated

PDF print driver -- and everything is back to normal. When files are saved, the correct date and time are duly noted

in Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It kind of sounded like a network issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except that files created in Win PAINT continued to update normally, while the referenced graphics

I had in my FM document (Photoshop .jpg's) would NOT. The date/time stamp was always off and the

.jpg's wouldn't update edit changes automatically, in FM.

This is just a postscript to add the comment -- or ask the question -- would it be helpful if there was

an ADOBE support forum Do-It-Yourself section?

Make it available at forums.adobe.com, right after the Frequently-Asked-Questions folder.

Some kind of Useful Utilities section with diagnostic software and tune-up-your-computer

resources.  As a one-person Technical Publications Department (working with a one-person --

part-time -- IT Department, available only when engineering responsibilities don't take priority), it

might be something that the 99% of users who don't have paid technical support could use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't hold your breath for that one - that's why Adobe charges for support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it worth making a distinction between support with a small "s" -- for little

things the average user might find helpful from time to time (I still can't get

all my keyboard commands to work), and the level of support you might

expect if you were paying extra, on a regular basis.

For instance, sometimes the Paint Brush Bigger key -------->    ]   works

for me, and sometimes it doesn't.

How come? I wouldn't call tech support for an answer to that, but I might

spend a few minutes trying to learn something about making it work, on

my own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you'd be better off harnessing the power of Google for little things like that ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines