Skip navigation
paralabrax
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a file size limitation to using this service?

Apr 12, 2012 8:24 AM

Tags: #conversion #exportpdf #convert_to_word #preserve_formatting #maintain_format

I am working on a large PDF file (26 mb) and I need to re-size the original and mess with the margins. I don't beleive there is an easy way to do this in Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Pro. It sounds like I have to convert the file back to a Word document, do the adjustments there and then produce a new PDF. I have two questions:

Is there a file size limitation to using this service?

Will a PDF to Word doc. conversion mantain the format of the orginal PDF?

Thanks

Tim

Replies
  • David Kastendick
    3,236 posts
    Apr 7, 2010
    Apr 12, 2012 8:47 AM   in reply to paralabrax

Good day Tim,

There is a 100MB file size limitation for submitting files to the ExportPDF service.  As for the quality of the conversion, from our FAQ entitled Will Adobe ExportPDF convert both text and formatting information?:

Adobe ExportPDF is capable of exporting high quality information, but the quality of your Word or Excel document depends on the quality of the PDF file you start with. For instance, if your PDF file was originally authored in Microsoft Word or Excel and converted to PDF using the PDFMaker functionality of Adobe Acrobat®, your PDF file contains a rich set of information that can be captured by Adobe ExportPDF. This includes relative positioning of tables, images, and even multi-column text, as well as page, paragraph, and font attributes.

If your PDF file was originally authored using simpler PDF generation methods, such as “print to PDF” or “scan to PDF” options, Adobe ExportPDF will convert any recognizable text and then use sophisticated conversion intelligence to preserve as much of the page layout as possible.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Kind regards,

David

|
    Mark as:
  • David Kastendick
    3,236 posts
    Apr 7, 2010
    Apr 12, 2012 11:52 AM   in reply to paralabrax

Good day Tim,

The conversion will probably take a few minutes.  Most conversions complete under 10 minutes.

I'd suggest subscribing to the service and giving it a try.  If you're unhappy with the service for any reason, we have a 30-day return policy for a full refund.

Kind regards,
    David

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 14, 2013 10:54 PM   in reply to David Kastendick

Hi David,

I recently bought exportpdf tool, but it is giving error to convert from pdf to excel for a file size of 1600 kb.

please advise.

thx

pranav

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 7, 2013 7:01 AM   in reply to pranavoz

I get an error message trying to convert from pdf to Word  (file size of 26 mb.)

?

elin

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points