Skip navigation
KLeeBone
Currently Being Moderated

Exporting InDesign CS4 file to Dreamweaver

Apr 12, 2012 1:12 PM

Tags: #cs4 #error #export #indesign #dreamweaver_cs4

I am in the process of trying to figure out the best way to get my organizations print newsletter onto our website to view as html. I have a good knowledge of Dreamweaver but I am struggling on this one. We create & send our newsletter to print as an InDesign file and while trying to figure out what to do through reading tutorials I found the "Export for Dreamweaver" option, after days of searching I thought this was going to be it. Although, once I clicked and "okay'd" everything I got an error. Exporting "file name" as XHTML failed. The file it is looking for I've moved several times to try to get it to "create", it's just a picture file but I'm not sure where I've gone wrong. I'm the only one in the organization who does any design work so I have no one to ask. Please help. Thank you in advance for anything!Indesign help.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2013 9:53 AM   in reply to KLeeBone

If you're really determined to bring print to HTML then you should upgrade to CS5.5. The capabilities are far superior. The Articles panel alone is worth the upgrade.

And if you upgrade now, you'll get 10% off (any purchase over $375) and a free upgrade to CS6.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 11:08 AM   in reply to KLeeBone

You've already seen how well it works in CS4. Sometimes it costs more to do nothing than it does to actually spend a few dollars.

I wish I had something better to tell you.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 11:21 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Nice one Bob, way to help out. 

KLeeBone:

Did you try:

In InDesign select File>Export for Dreamweaver

Save this file in a new folder.

Then open the file you just saved in Dreamweaver. This assumes that you assigned styles in InDesign and that you use CSS in your website.

Link your new document to your website's style sheet.  You will have to go through and replace code since Dreamweaver will show your style names from Indesign, but find and replace will help that process along a little bit. It's still a lot of manual adjusting of code, but it will accomplish what you are trying to do. 

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 11:31 AM   in reply to pat21042

Did you notice that the OP was trying to do that and it failed?

Looking at the image accomoanying the original post, I see waht looks like alot of gibberish in the dialog. That says to me there is trouble in fontland someplace, and it wouldn't surprise me if Suitcase was involved.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points