Skip navigation
mitchell.dave
Currently Being Moderated

Trying to figure out how to create a multi-user / reusable form

Apr 12, 2012 11:45 AM

Tags: #acrobat #forms #acrobat_10_pro

Greetings!

I just installed Acrobat X Pro and am thinking the form tools will be real helpful for us.  

I have several forms that we are currently passing around by email or paper to collect signatures and information then manually rekeying the info into our little in house database.  (FMPRO) .

What I would like to do is create a from that we could put on our internal info-center and our users could grab as needed, fill it out, pass around by email for approvals or signatures then submit back to us electronically.   We could then write a database script to pull the CSV file into our database as needed. 

I'm unable to figure out how to get the form to go beyond a single user and back to us.   For instance,  If Bob fills out the form, he will need to send it to Fred and maybe Susie for approvals or additional input before submitting it back to my section.

Am I missing the boat here? is Acrobat the wrong application?    Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Dave

Replies
  • George Johnson
    11,671 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Apr 12, 2012 12:53 PM   in reply to mitchell.dave

It really depends on what program the users will be using to interact with the form. Adobe Reader normally cannot save a fille-in form, but if you Reader-enable it in Acrobat, it can. If your users have Acrobat (Standard or Pro), this is not necessary since they can save filled-in forms.

|
    Mark as:
  • George Johnson
    11,671 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Apr 12, 2012 1:04 PM   in reply to mitchell.dave

What you mean by "approvals", exactly. Does this mean a user signing a digital signature field, or something else? What specific problem are you experiencing? If you're using digital signatures, when Acrobat is used to export the form data to a CSV file (using the "Merge Data Files into Spreadsheet" method), it does not include any information about digital signature fields, but you can do so yourself with some programming.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points