Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Combining XML and PDF Files

Apr 12, 2012 1:55 PM

Hi, I have a form created in Adobe LiveCycle, and I need to be able to take this form and merge it with some PDF forms.  When I go try to "Combine Files into PDF" It says the XML form cannot be combine.  Is there a way around this?  Using the "Create a Portfolio" is not an option.

I have Adobe Pro X

Thanks for any assistance you can give on this matter.

Connie Bretes

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 11:13 PM   in reply to csb102155

Hi,

First transform xml based form to non-interactive form and then merge.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 6:36 AM   in reply to aks@lc

Dynamic Interactive Forms cannot be combined with other PDFs. You will need either LiveCycle Assembler or LiveCycle Output to flatten the interactive form, and then it can be merged with other non interactive pdfs.

If you don't have LiveCycle, one thing you can do in Acrobat is print the form to the Adobe Printer, which will create a non interactive version of your form, and this PDF could be combined with other PDFs.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 4:18 AM   in reply to csb102155

Yes, as kjaeggin said, after you transfter it to a non interactive PDF, then you can merge that PDF with other PDFs using LiveCycle Assembler.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2014 11:34 AM   in reply to csb102155

Easyest Way to do is Open XML file in adobe Pro and print as a PDF thats gonna transform automaticly to reg pdf file after it will allow you to compbine xml to reg pdf

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points