Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Reloading images creates a "minicomp"?

Apr 12, 2012 11:04 AM

Hi

I am very new to After Effects.

I made the mistake to move around with my footage, and now some files are missing.

When I want to reload them (e.g. "1.png") AE takes all my pictures (1.png to 29png) and throw them together as some sort of minincomp, instead of relinking only that one image I asked it to use.

I am making a stopmotion film, and have about 300 missing files at the moment, but I get the same problem each time I try to link just one file.

What can I do?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 11:21 AM   in reply to grimkarklud

AE is creating an Image Sequence when you do that.  That's what that icon in the project window means.  You either need to take more care when locating your moved files or just deal with the image sequence by assigning it a new frame rate in the Interpret Footage settings.

And since you're so new, you owe it to yourself to spend a lot of quality time here.

AE isn't the kind of application you use for a couple of tricks and expect things to turn out right the first time.  It takes a good knowledge of the AE basics to make it do what you want.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 3:36 PM   in reply to grimkarklud

There's a small checkbox right at the bottom of the reload file dialog. It should say something like import as a PNG sequence. Un-check the box.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points