Skip navigation
iSunshine3
Currently Being Moderated

How to include non web pages to the "Create PDF from Web Page" feature?

Apr 4, 2012 12:20 PM

In Acrobat Pro (v. 10), when I use the "Create PDF from Web Page" feature, it works great for html pages, but it skips non-html links (doc, pdf, ppt, xls, etc). I need Acrobat Pro to convert those files and put them in the order as well. I don't see an option for this in settings. Is there ANY way I can do this? This is for an archiving purpose and I have 10,000 plus files to convert. Please help. 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 11:10 AM   in reply to iSunshine3

This is a question i'm trying to answer too. My issue is that I have a PDF file which itself contains links to both DOC and PDF files. The end result is that I need one consolidated PDF containing all the linked files (in order).

I can run the "create from web page" on this PDF file, and it'll download them, but not convert them. It just adds them as "jumbled" text to the end of the document. I need it to download, convert, and then append them.

So, as isunshine3 asked above, any way to have Adobe convert the files that it finds linked when running the "create from web page"?

THanks
    Matt

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 4:13 PM   in reply to matt1544

You will have to download the other links separately and PDF them. To add those links, you have to be able to use the PDF Maker feature of WORD and the applications, if it is available. Otherwise, you have to open each document in the native application and print to the Adobe PDF printer. After you have a PDF for the other documents you can just use insert pages to get them into your document. You might be able to use Replace pages and put then where the jumbled pages are located and possibly preserve the links as such.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points