• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Executable PowerPoint files

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For church, I create PowerPoint files with the slides synchronized with inserted music (mp3 files). Do any of the Adobe products allow converting these files to executable files that are easier to run and to pass on to other people?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can use Adobe captivate to generate executables by importing Powerpoint files

But note that Presenter assets will be lost. Synced animations are also lost

thanks

Mahesh Nayak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does publishing as a PDF not meet this need? You will end up with a single page PDF that plays the presentation. It requires Reader 9 or newer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a "save as" to a .pdf. I can then bring it up in Acrobat 9, and can manually flip through the slides. I don't see how I can start it and let it run through the slides automatically by the timings I set up in the PowerPoint file. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should publish to PDF through Presenter, not save as PDF through PPT.

PDF Publishing.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Presenter. Before investing $500, I'd need to know that it works. Questions:

Would the resulting file keep the mp3 file that was inserted in the PowerPoint file and maintain the coordinated slide advancement timing?

Would it handle the animations established in PowerPoint?

Would the resulting file be easily transferable to another person?

Is there an Apple version? This isn't mandatory, but I'd prefer working on the Apple.

Thanks for your input.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, best option is to do the trial version, available here: http://www.adobe.com/products/presenter/

But as an example, here is a POC we did. It show the timing and audio in the presentation and being played back in a PDF.

http://realeyesconnect.adobeconnect.com/p16xfk92sjc/

Presenter is a Windows only application, so no Mac version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks much for your assistance. I don't have time now, but when I do, I'll play with the trial version.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources