Skip navigation
Mark0 31 posts
Feb 14, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe ID authentication?

Apr 12, 2012 1:05 PM

Tags: #ipad #verification #content_viewer #adobe_id #authentication #adobe_content_viewer #authentication_failed

I created this Adobe ID for work about 5 months ago. I've been trying to log in to the Adobe Content Viewer on my iPad but I keep getting "Authentication failed" error messages. What gives? I can log in to the Adobe web site with the exact same credentials. A fellow employee also has the same problem with her iPad (I only discovered mine wasn't working because I was trying to help her solve her problem), and apparently a couple of clients have had the same issue.

The Adobe support has been useless almost to the point of ridiculous hilarity. Nothing conclusive shows up on the web site, only similar problems that seem to be unanswered.

Was there supposed to be an account verification e-mail? I've seen mention of it but I definitely never got one (I don't delete e-mails all willy-nilly, I even still have my "Your Adobe Membership" e-mail) and my co-worker never got one. If there is such a thing required how do I get Adobe to resend it?

Thanks!

P.S. Is that live chat feature with Adobe support on the web site actually with a real person? For the sake of my experience with it I really hope that was a robot scanning my text because my questions could not have been more basic and the responses weren't even remotely close to what I had asked.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 1:39 PM   in reply to Mark0

Moving this discussion to the Digital Publishing Suite.  You may still need to contact our support team though to resolve your log in difficulties though. 

The agents available under Live Chat are real people. I have met some of them personally.

|
    Mark as:
  • Casey Jensen
    293 posts
    May 4, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 2:29 PM   in reply to Mark0

Mark, have you logged in to digitalpublishing.acrobat.com with the credentials? (Not the Adobe website.)

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2012 2:50 PM   in reply to Mark0

This needs to stated explicitly on the troubleshooting page for the Adobe Content Viewer, and the Tech and Customer Support people need to be made aware of this as well. I spent too much time fussing with them over this issue. It would be an easy enough update to the website and their troubleshooting database.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points