Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

spacing images equal distance

Apr 13, 2012 12:31 AM

hello indesigners.

im a bit confused with this spacing im trying to do,the spacing with the icons shows us 6mm

but in the panel x value would 6mm be 60mm?because im trying to space it out with 6mm as in the pic and one icon is overlaping the over.

and also i resize my photo icons like 50mm x 40,but when i move them again for some reason when i check their size again,its never 50mm x 40mm they tend to upscale by a few millimeters again showing  50,332mm x 40,332mm

why does indesig do that?

u2a.jpg

thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 1:24 AM   in reply to inquestflash

the X value in the InDesign control panel , is the distance between the top left corner of the object and the 0 on the ruler.

the 6 small square in the control panel are the refrence point, which refer to which point on the object this X and Y distance would be measured, so in your screenshot

the reference is top left corner hence the distance is from 0 on the horizontal ruler to the top left corner of the object selected.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 1:59 AM   in reply to inquestflash

Select all the object box between which you want 6 mm seperation.

Go to Windows-->object and layout-->Align

In the Align panel...., on the bottom under "Distribute spacing" there will be two icons and a section "Use spacing"

In "Use spacing" :- enter "6 mm'

and then clikc on the button for "Distribute horizontally' --(secong one), the first icon is for "distribute vertically" and this will mess up the loyout in your case.

once done check the spacing.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points