Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Flatten Dynamic pdf Files

Apr 12, 2012 4:37 PM

Hi,

I have a dynamic pdf file where users complete text fields, drop down lists and image fields. I also have lock all fields button script that I found in this forum to lock all form fields once user completes it. I was wondering is there a way to save or produce a flat static pdf file in the end? Sometime the dynamic form can increase in size due to the size of image inside the image field. So is there a way to flatten all its contents in the end and produce a smaller copy of that file? This way any user even with old version of adobe reader can open it  since its no longer a dynamic form.

I know sometimes I can do it by printing it as an "adobe pdf" file but it does not allow me when have the permissions set-up. I dont want to give full access too. What permissions do I need to change to enable this? Is there another way to flatten a dynamic file in the end? Has anyone done this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 4:21 AM   in reply to blackops_programmer

When you don't have LiveCycle Output (it can flatten XFA forms) then printing to PDF may be the only opportunity for you to reduce the file size.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2012 11:27 PM   in reply to blackops_programmer

Uhhh. The Distiller doesn't handle file protected with an owner or user password.

The only way to bypass this it to select the "Print as Image" options in Advanced menu of Acrobats print dialog.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points