Skip navigation
BMeehan
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Bridge CS3 Default Folder

Apr 12, 2012 2:19 PM

How do I change the Adobe Bridge CS3 default folder?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 5:23 PM   in reply to BMeehan

Set correctly Bridge will open to the last folder viewed.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 7:07 AM   in reply to BMeehan

If you have it set to "Launch Bridge on Startup" it will open to last folder veiwed but you have to shut Bridge using File/exit.  If you just close the window with the red X like most people, or let the computer close it, Bridge does not accept that as a valid exit.  In that case it will open to last folder viewed in the session where you exited properly.  Good option if you like it to open to a specific folder no matter what you are doing.   Be aware Bridge will be always running in background which can prevent updates until it is closed.

If you uncheck the launch option in Advanced Preferences it will open in last folder viewed no matter how you exit program.

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2012 11:29 AM   in reply to BMeehan

Does anyone know how to do this in the Mac version?

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2012 11:32 AM   in reply to Jake Paul Fratkin

Should be in the same folder under "advanced" preferences.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    May 22, 2012 1:05 PM   in reply to Jake Paul Fratkin

Does anyone know how to do this in the Mac version?

As Curt stated, if you quit Bridge properly (not closing the window but either choose Adobe Bridge CS3 / Quit Adobe Bridge CS3 or use the shortcut cmd + Q)

If the next time you open Bridge is not pointing to the folder you last visited you could try to use a reset of preferences.

Hold down option key while starting Bridge and choose reset preferences form the option window and try again.

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2012 2:36 PM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

Right. That did not work. There should be a menu to choose from for opening a file, or at least some choices. Any other thoghts?

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2012 2:43 PM   in reply to Curt Y

Nope. Didn't work. Only options are Miscellaneous: "Use Software Rendering" and "Use high quality previews".

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    May 22, 2012 2:45 PM   in reply to Jake Paul Fratkin

There should be a menu to choose from for opening a file, or at least some choices. Any other thoghts?

Can you clarify what you are looking for that does not work for you, not sure I understand what you mean.

You can create your own custom workspace with panels you want to appear and resized to custom needs. If you have the folder panel it shows you the content of your system. navigate through the folders until you find what you want and click on it. This shows you the content of the folder in the content panel. Double click opens it in PS or ACR, right mouse click on selected file or files let's you choose to open those files in available applications on your system

And of course under the menu file are the usual options and shortcuts to  open files.

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2012 2:46 PM   in reply to Jake Paul Fratkin

I don't have CS3 on my machine anymore.  THat is the correct menu, perhaps CS3 did not open with startup.

On Win machine you can check to see if Bridge.exe is running in background, should be something similar in Mac.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    May 22, 2012 2:47 PM   in reply to Jake Paul Fratkin

Nope. Didn't work. Only options are Miscellaneous: "Use Software Rendering" and "Use high quality previews".

That is from the preference menu itself. Quit Bridge, when the application has quitted press and hold the option key and restart Bridge.

Now there should first appear a window with choices to rest preferences and purge cache. Start with reset preferences and try again

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2012 3:38 PM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

I have done as you say. WHen all is said and done, I still had no way to change Open With Default. MAybe I should just upgrade Bridge.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    May 22, 2012 3:56 PM   in reply to Jake Paul Fratkin

I still had no way to change Open With Default. MAybe I should just upgrade Bridge.

While CS3 is not the best version of Bridge and the changing upgrade policy of Adobe (until december you can upgrade to CS6 with 3 versions back, after that it is only possible to upgrade with one version back

But I still don't understand what you are looking for, in the subject line it states default folder but you want to have open the files in PSCS3?

While that should indeed be the default but if that is not the case with you what does your system as default application?

In Bridge preferences you have also file type associations that give you the option to set default application to open with per file type.

And on your Mac you can select a file type in the Finder and choose 'get info'. In this window you also can set open with and apply to all.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points