• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR+iOS=StageVideo zoom bug

Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Using the StageVideo and Adobe AIR 3.2 SDK for an iOS app brings a strange zoom when the video starts, anyone any ideas of how to solve this problem?, is this a new bug in 3.2 SDK?

Also a few months ago we  post an issue concatenating videos using the StageVideo where trying to play videos one after each other shows a flashing (video clears itself making impossible to play them seamlessly):

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3133620

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4192764#4192764

Anyone is experiencing this 2 issues,  any workarounds?

Thanks

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here there is a video demosntration of the problem:

http://projects.lessrain.net/public/insearchofinsanity/downloads/test-video/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little bit more info:

It seems to happen with iOS devices with iOS 5.1, lower iOS versions do not show the zoom when the video starts but they still flashing (this is a different problem)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the bug report and video.  I'm forwarding this along to the iOS team for their review.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on the zoom bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@luis.lessrain

Could you please reply back about the video which we had shot in which we had tried to reproduce the issue and sent to you for review.

We could then take proceed with further steps.

Regards

Abhinav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luis

Please check your inbox for more info I have sent today.

Regards

Abhinav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2012 Sep 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I also posted this same "zooming" issue a few months ago:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4322913

However, I never received any helpful responses, and nothing from Adobe.

I am still encountering this "zooming" issue, and the latest version of iOS 6 seems to break my rather ugly workaround.

Have there been any developments in this issue?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2012 Sep 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gordogre or anyone else affected by this issue,

If you haven't already, please take a minute and create a bug report at http://bugbase.adobe.com.  Once entered, please post back with the bug number or URL so that others impacted can add their comments and votes.

I'll ask the iOS team to take a look and see where we are at with this issue.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have submitted a bug report here:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3335182

As noted in my report, I have a rather delicate workaround that broke with the introduction of iOS 6, unless I rolled back my AIR SDK to 3.1... I am sincerely hoping that the iOS team is able to look into this issue to avoid the work-around completely.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris,

As I've already mentioned, I submitted a bug on this issue:

I also noted that the original poster of this forum topic also submitted a similar bug back in March:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3133620

I see that this older bug is still in the "Open"/"Unverified" state/status, with 4 votes, but no evidence that the bug has been reviewed by the iOS team. One of the votes also mentions this "zoom" issue.

I have a new urgency regarding this issue, because my workaround effectively broke with the introduction of iOS 6, so I am sincerely hoping to get some new information on whether the iOS team is in fact aware of the issue, and whether there is any chance that this defect will be addressed any time soon.

I do appreciate any information or assistance that can be provided.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for entering the bug.  I've forwarded this along to the iOS and video teams so they can take a look.  We have an internal bug against this issue (3286399) but we had to defer it back in July due to lack of time for that release.  I've let the teams know that your workaround (is this described in your project's code?) has stopped working in iOS 6.  When you get a chance, could you update the bug with this information?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I provided some details about my workaround when I submitted the bug, including the fact that it is now broken using the latest AIR SDK when using iOS 6.

It is encouraging to know that there is an "internal bug against this issue", but I guess that makes me curious about how I may continue to seek the status of the internal bug, because I notice that when I enter 3286399 in bugbase.adobe.com, nothing comes up...

I don't mean to be difficult, but I'd like to know how to set my expectations as to timing, in part because I'd like to start using some of the new features of the recent SDK's, such as the background worker threads, but I won't be able to do so while this video bug remains in place.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We actually created a new bug on this (cloned the older, deferred issue with a new internal bug, #3337746).  I've linked this internal bug to your public bug.  This should trigger us to update the public bug once the internal bug is marked fixed.  As an FYI, development is actively looking at this issue right now.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Any news on this front? It's been almost a year, and the bug still persists

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was close, but unfortunately the fix we had implemented for this bug injected a more severe bug that was found close to the end of the 3.6 development cycle.  The fix was rolled back and the bug was deferred as we ran out of time.  I'd recommend making some noise on the external bug report so we get an idea of how many people this is impacting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

any updates? 3.7 has been released but still not fixed 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

Any chance that this bug will be looked at again?

I see someone else inquired about it here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5319200

I have tried to "make some noise" on the bug ticket, but there doesn't seem to be anyone listening.

For some of us, this is a very signficant problem, as our software requires absolutely precision when a video starts to play, and this bug is effectively breaking that capability.

Our customers continue to complain, and I have worked around it the best I can by hiding the video until the moment it starts playback, but this is inconsistent at best, because it is essentially nondeterministic - I can't know exactly when the "zoom" effect has stopped, so I either see an "bump" at the tail end of the zoom effect if I show the video too soon, or I skip frames if I hide the video for too long.

Should I just assume this bug will never be fixed, and that Adobe has abandoned their interest in StageVideo on the iPad?  If that is true, it is criticial for me to know so that I can begin planning on another solution. 

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is an old thread but I'm wondering if this "zoom" issue was ever fixed. I'm seeing it now with the current AIR sdk on iOS. There is another post here regarding it: Init StageVideo + zoom effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines