I've just brought a new Mac Mini installed my Photoshop CS3 onto it. When I opened the application my serial number wouldn't work because I've used it too many times. My last computer crashed, so I can't take Photoshop off it. I followed a tutorial which had two options:
1. reset the clock on your computer uninstall and re-install.
2. delete the following folders in /Library/Application Support/Adobe: Adobe PCD, backup and caps. And re-install
Now when I try to install Photoshop CS3 it doesn't even install! There is a cross instead of a tick next to everything. I've tried repair disk in Disk Utilities, and I was told that there was nothing wrong with the CD.
Is there a way to fix this?
Now you are not even able to install the software and gettingthe red cross as soon as enter your serial number.
hence follow this step:-
1) Run the cleaner tool for CS3 , www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
2) delete the files ;- /Library/Application Support/Adobe: Adobe PCD, backup and caps
3) Re-install the software ,
let us know if the software gets installed ,
Thanks for the help so far. I've followed your steps, got the tick next to the serial number. Now it's saying that I've used up the maximum number of activations again. How do I reset the serial number or get a new one?
This has to be resetted by Adobe only...hence this is the chat link which will help you contact Adobe support ,
Just let them know what happened and they will reset the activation count.
chat link:- http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6
I had a chat with Adobe, and they told me that my software is activated on two computers. I know these are computers are at my parents house, and are going to deactivate Photoshop on one so that I can activate it on my computer.