• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest update 11.2.202.228 causing issues

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a musician and have a custom Flash-based media player on my webpage. It has worked flawlessly since I created it a few years ago. After the update to version 11.2.202.228, it has now ceased to work. Clicking on the buttons, controls, and playlist items does nothing now. It happens in Windows 7 and Vista (both up to date), and in IE 8, Firefox, Opera, and Safari (also all up to date). The only system it still works on is my Android tablet.

Following the instructions provided elsewhere here, I managed to revert back to the previous Flash version and all was well again. However, I don't want to continue using an insecure version. Also, my main concern is others visiting my webpage and not having a functioning media player. Is there anything that can be done about this?

~PJ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another piece of info...

I discovered the raw .swf functions properly when played via the standalone Flash player (11.2.202.233). It's only when embedded in a webpage that it won't function (in any browser, as mentioned in original post). I use Dreamweaver to embed the .swf, so the HTML coding must be correct...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please open a new bug report on this over at bugbase.adobe.com?  We'll need steps to reproduce and a link to your site (or code/.swf)  If you'd like to keep anything private, please feel free to email me at ccampbel@adobe.com with your bug number and forum url and I'll add the attachments for internal use only. 

Finally, please post back with the URL so that others affected can add their comments and votes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, I managed to solve the problem myself by recompiling the original .fla after deleting the list and FLV playback components, then reinserting and binding them again. I changed absolutely nothing in the code, so go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines