• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add Meta tags to pages?

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to add meta tag information for the pages (such as keywords, description, robots, etc.) directly in Muse?

I'd like to add meta tag data to describe the page to help with search engine optimization.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

For a comprehensive guide to SEO strategy in Muse, please see the following tutorial:

Strategies for Muse site search engine optimization

For specific instructions how to add metadata/keywords, jump to the section:

Adding metadata keywords and descriptions to page properties

Best regards,

Corey

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click (or Control-click) on a page and select Page Properties in the contextual menu that appears.

Screen shot 2012-03-30 at 12.06.37 PM.png

Use the metadata section where you can set description and keywords.

Screen shot 2012-03-30 at 12.07.25 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done exactly this.

1) My site isn't searchable anywhere on google using any of the keywords inputted

2) I have to enter in the actual domain name to find it which doesn't desplay the description entered using the instructions above.

Are there problems with metadata? Doesn't seem to be working for me at all whatsoever. Seems like google doesn't pick it up at any level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search engines measure relevance more on the content of your page than the meta keywords and description that you can add in the Page Properties. If you don't have a good structure to your content on the page, it is unlikely that search engines will present your site well in their results. Unfortunately, Muse does not offer the designer a way to give semantic structure to their designs.

Also recognize that indexing by a search engine may take days, weeks, or months... especially the latter if there is no meaningful content on the site for the search engine to recognize. Search for Google's webmaster tools to submit your site for indexing. That might speed things up a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2012 May 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the correct method for entering the keywords into the menu ?

Separated by comas ?

ie:  Graphics, photography, brochures, posters

Thanks,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 01, 2012 May 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can enter them any way that you want because they really do not mean much.

But commas are typical delimiters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a lot of useful information on here: http://www.muse-themes.com/blogs/news/6103624-seo-in-adobe-muse-search-engine-optimization#comments

However I would like to know: If you have multiple pages dealing with different topics does one need to adjust the meta-data accordingly for each page.

For example, I am redoing a website for a small earthmoving contractor who offers a range of services including new lawn installation (NOT mowing!), drainage, landscaping, post hole boring, driveways - to name a few; these are essentially the main pages with content explaining each service a little further.

So would I be correct in assuming I should have a unique description, keywords and (obviously) page title for each page?

How about the home page? Should the metadata attempt to cover all services offered within the website as a whole, or just the content of the home page?

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a comprehensive guide to SEO strategy in Muse, please see the following tutorial:

Strategies for Muse site search engine optimization

For specific instructions how to add metadata/keywords, jump to the section:

Adding metadata keywords and descriptions to page properties

Best regards,

Corey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines