Skip navigation
nc_joe@bellsouth.net
Currently Being Moderated

text and graph does not look sharp in MS Word

Apr 12, 2012 9:47 AM

I am making many graphs with text for the x and y axi plus titles.  They look good when they are in FW but once I insert them in Word.  They look terrible.  I have used various alias (crisp, strong, smooth, etc).  I created the the graph with resoloutions of 72, initially, and then even 240 dpi.  There is no difference in clarity.  How can I solve this problem?  Any help or input would be appreciated.

Joe

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 7:28 PM   in reply to nc_joe@bellsouth.net

Joe,

Before importing them into Word, are you first exporting the graphs as images using Fireworks' File > Image Preview...? If so, do they still look alright at that point? And what method are you using to import the graphs into Word?

It might help to share a screenshot of a graph in Fireworks versus a graph in Word. Is it a problem with text only, or with other elements of the graph?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 4:59 AM   in reply to nc_joe@bellsouth.net

Hi Joe,

Make sure the scale of the images is the same in FW and Word. If they are being resized by Word, the distortion is causing the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 5:36 AM   in reply to nc_joe@bellsouth.net

Thanks, I will try that.

Joe

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 6:01 AM   in reply to groove25

Groove 25,

I am inserting the screenshots you requested.  The one on the left is from FW and the one on the right is how it looks in Word.  I have never used image preview before but the image looked very clear when I did what you suggested.In Word I just use "Insert --->picture. 

Linda,

I did resize the png file as you suggest (I was having to enlarge it once it was in Word).  The image on the right is how it now looks in Word.

I would like for it to be more clear than it is.  I know my boss will suggest it .

Thank for all suggestions I have received.

JoeloggerheadTurtleImage.png

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 7:37 AM   in reply to peoj

Thanks for your input.  I redid the graph by increasing resolution and making the image size bigger.  I just printed it out. It looks great!  Thanks

Joe

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points