Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Folio Builder keeps crashing InDesign... HELP!!!!

Mar 12, 2012 1:07 PM

Tags: #crash #indesign #folio #builder

InDesign crashes when trying to import a new article into an existing Folio. How can we fix this!

PLEASE HELP!

Replies
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,643 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Mar 12, 2012 3:09 PM   in reply to jblay-design

Can you add the article to your folio using the Add button in the Folio Builder panel? Can you add a simple article to the folio? Can you import a simple article to the folio?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 12, 2012 4:23 PM   in reply to jblay-design

I had a lot of Indesign crashes a few months ago which was due to not having the very latest minor update of indesign, Im sure you have, but just crossing all the t's :-)

Cheers

Alistair

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 1:21 AM   in reply to jblay-design

have you figured it out yet?

I'm having the same problem !

I upload one orientation and when I start the other one indesign crashes !

when I import the whole folder , it crashes also .

I have the latest updates !

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 10:22 AM   in reply to jblay-design

I am an engineer working on DPS tools. If you still have problem with the Folio Builder panel, I may help to diagnose the issue further. You may contact me jsong@adobe.com offline. It will be helpful to get a few more info about your panel build and I may help to investigate the cause. Thanks!

Jianlan

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 8:04 PM   in reply to jblay-design

It turns out this is a bug which is fixed in the latest Folio Producer tools. The resolution is to upgrade Folio Producer tools to latest release build. Thanks!

Jianlan

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2012 2:22 AM   in reply to jblay-design

I'm having the same problem and updating to the latest Folio Producer tools is not an option for us because our viewer is not compatible yet. We need to publish a folio with this set of tools before we can upgrade our viewer app. Any workaround? Is really frustrating to have this issues when a new update is available...

Please help.

José.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 4:36 AM   in reply to jblay-design

any news on this? i'm having the same problem now, i actually downgraded again to 1.8 Folio Producer so that i can upload, download and test the project im currently working on. i noticed that it crashes during the times im uploading a page with multiple features in it, but in simple pages, it uploads fine.

is it because i downgraded to 1.8?

another problem is, i cant upgrade right now to 1.9 since the current adobe viewer app is waiting for the upgrade and i need my magazine to be selling by April 1.

Hope you guys can help me out.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 5:33 AM   in reply to jblay-design

so you mean to say is, lets say in the vertical orientation, the image with the title of lets say : image 1, when copied and paste to the horizontal orientation, the photo and the title should still be the same? meaning the image should still have the same title : image 1 .... and sometimes indesign renames this? ( kindly correct me if i misunderstood this )

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 5:59 AM   in reply to jblay-design

wow this saved my life!

I just tried this now and it worked! I can finally upload all my pages.

Thanks for the knowledge!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 8:10 PM   in reply to jblay-design

I was crashing during upload this morning too and figured out it was the way I set up my MSOs which contain Scrollable Frames.

Initially I was grouping images and static elements alongside scrollable frames, selecting my groupings that would eventually become states and creating the MSO that way. What I since learnt was that if you want Scrollable Frames inside MSOS, INDD doesn't seem to like them grouped with other objects.

So now I create the MSO with the static furniture and once that is established and named, paste the Scrollable Frame into each state. It's a bit of a pain in the arse but (for me) it now uploads and updates without issue.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,643 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Apr 13, 2012 6:51 AM   in reply to CrimsonPlatypus

Thanks for letting us know about the grouping problem.

For what it's worth, when I'm working with MSOs, I find it much easier to select the object you want to add along with the MSO, and then click the Add button at the bottom of the Object States panel. I prefer that method over Paste Into.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points