Exit

CSS Paragraph Text

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can anyone help.

I have a few sites running on an old BC template.

On a new PC with the latest browsers - firefox, IE, chrome Etc, All the text appears bold!

I have tried sourcing the problem with Firebug but can't find the reason.

Can anyone point me in the right direction??

Sites affected - www.rugart.ie | www.smithsbuildingsupplies.ie | www.irishponies.ie | www.finnegan.ie

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

Removing Helvetice Neue solves the problem - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still have this problem? I have had a look at the sites and they seem fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still have the problem when viewing the sites through IE 9 / Google Chrome 18.0.1025.162 / Firefox 7.01 on a windows 7 PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay - I think it must be a setting on this computer - Ease of access or something. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got it sorted now? If you mark your answer as correct, next folk who come across this post will know its been answered

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liam - thanks for your comment. I haven't figured this one out yet. Some menu text and paragraph text appears bold/strong - weird! See a screen dump of Adobe Forum here (menu and login details appear in bold) - http://www.twms.ie/img/screendump_120416.jpg

Have you come across this before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You refering to the top part of the forums also being messed up for you?

Do you have Helvetica Neue installed? If you do I think its corrupted, if not your having issues with your browser rendering that font on that machine. The font stack though goes to Helvetica then Arial, sans-serif.

But basically check the fonts etc on that machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Liam - Top part of Forums also messed up! Thanks for your comments - I'll check the fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Removing Helvetice Neue solves the problem - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines