• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuck on Loading... screen -- Forever

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a number of SCORM 1.2 courses published from Captivate 5 that are getting stuck on the grey Loading.. screen.

What is odd about this is that the course launches fine on initial launch.

If you then close after a couple of pages and relaunch, bookmarking works fine; it opens to the correct page.

If you complete the course and close, The content is marked as completed in the LMS.

IF you then relaunch, it takes you to the final page, which has a button to allow you to retake. That button works correctly and navigates to page 1.

If you then navigate a few pages in, close the course and attempt to relaunch, it always hangs at the Loading... page.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Michael

TOPICS
Editing , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 115 Replies 115
Engaged ,
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious because we are looking for an LMS and wondered what LMS do you use. What we currently have doesn't seem to want to talk to Captivate.

Susan Wright (Equilady)

Remember, the mighty oak was just a nut that held its ground.

http://www.equilady.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've used Halogen and it works great with Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2010 Oct 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

I tried to reproduce the Issue with a sample course (with Scrom 1.2 settings) and with Sumtotal LMS, and I am not able to reproduce the Issue. In which LMS you are facing this issue?. Is it possible for you to share a sample course with us so that we can upload it in our LMS and investigate the Issue.? Please mail the file to nsukumar@adobe.com

-nsukumar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2011 Jun 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues... [see: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/871480]

Our course becomes stuck on a loading page if the user had previously failed the course, begun to re-take, and exited the course mid-way through their attempt. Bookmarking works fine if user hasn't failed the quiz yet.

If the user fails the quiz at the end they are shown the "re-take" button. If they "re-take" the quiz, but deiced to close the course at after a few slides, when they attempt to re-launch the course they will be taken to never-ending "loading" screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 03, 2011 Jul 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

There is a new patch available for Captivate 5. Can you install the same and try out your scenario.

You can update from the application from Menu item Help >> Updates.

Thanks,

Ashwin Bharghav B

Adobe Captivate Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2011 Jul 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashwin,

Thank you for the response. I installed the new patch, saved a new version, exported and uploaded to our LMS. However, I am seeing the same issue. If learner closes the course during their re-take, the course will not load when the learner launches the course again. Learner has to re-register for the course.

Basically, this error makes the "Re-Take" function on Captivate quizzes useless. Please advise of any work around, or future updates that would fix this error and allow the learner to re-take a quiz, exit during the re-take, and the course to load properly when the learner launches the course again.

Thank you,

Karen Lemmer

Yamaha Motor USA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen

What LMS do you use? Is it possible to create a test account and provide us the access

Suresh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Suresh,

We use Sumtotal LMS 8.2.

All the other courses are working fine. Not sure if there something that you would like to test on the LMS ?

Let us know what you wanted to do in LMS, so that we can provide you access accordingly.

Thanks,
Kalagara

Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for confirming

We have Sum Total access .. will try to check against and get back .. I guess you are using SCORM 1.2 standard .. Can you also explain your typical project ? or share one sample project - sjayaram@adobe.com

Thanks

Suresh J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 07, 2011 Jul 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kalagara,

I tried this for both SCORM 1.2 and 2004 courses. In both cases course does not hang on loading screen in the below mentioned scenario. I tried it on Sumtotal 8 (not 8.2) LMS

1. Course with Finite attempts

2. Course with Infinite attempts.

3. Multiple resume scenarios in the same re-take.

In all the above mentioned cases. Course launches and plays fine.

Can you please provide me an access to your LMS ? Also if it is possible please share one of your captivate course with me ? You may upload the same to acrobat.com and share the download link.

Please feel free to mail me at ashwin at adobe dot com to take the discussion forward.

Thanks,

Ashwin Bharghav B

Adobe Captivate Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karen had sent you the course that was developed in Captivate. Please review and let us know if you need any further information.

Thanks a lot for you time and help on this.

Sasidhar K

Architect

Yamaha Motor Corporation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This course is developed in Scorm 1.2 standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2011 Jul 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ashwin,

Did you get chance to review the file that was sent. Let us know if you need any other information.

Thanks,

sasidhar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2011 Jul 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue.  We can load the course once, Take the quiz and pass it.  Once we go back into the course it loads, But if you open another page close the course and try to access it again it hangs up on the loading screen.  We are using SkillSoft as an LMS and they have looked at it and said they have teh same problem but feel the issue is with captivate and I should look online for a solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any clues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2011 Jul 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the Adobe experts took my original course, and exported in Captivate 5.5, and this seems to fix the issue. Unfortunately this seems to be the ONLY way to fix the issue, but we are just glad this upgrade resolves the error, and that it's not something wrong with our LMS. We have about 15days left on our free 30day trial of version 5.5, then we plan to upgrade for $149. I suggest you do the same to see if that resolves your issues/errors. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response and suggestions!!!  Since we just purchased Captivate 5 I will need to check on spending more budget money.

Anyone else found that 5.5 fixes this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think updating to Captivate 5.02 should fix it.

But you must seect Force Republish All Slides when you republish

after installing the fix.

More info here

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2011/06/captivate-5-patch-for-lms-reporting-audio-dev-preloader.html

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions!  I have downloaded the patch and Captivate 5.5 but still get hung up on the loading screen after you complete the test and try to go back into the course after you have accessed other pages.

I appreciate everyone input

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try deleting the course and uploading the newly published

version as a completely new one?

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve, Yeah I deleted the old published version.  Gave it a new name and reposted it.  Still not working (well not working more than one time  )  Works fine as long as I dont complete the quize.  Thanks for your time and energy.  As a true newby with Captivate I appreciate it very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

Did you upgrade your project to Cp5.5 and then check if the issue reproduces ?

Let me know. If you are willing to share your project with me, then upload it to acrobat.com and share the download link. Write to me at ashwin at adobe dot com

Thanks,

Ashwin Bharghav B

Adobe Captivate Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob

I am having the exact same issue.  It seems this is a long standing issue with Captivate over many versions which remains unresolved and I wish I had known about it before buying it.  Otherwise Captivate is an excellent tool, but with this loading issue is all but useless to us.

My project has 78 slide, including a quiz and is built in Captivate 5.5.  When published the course functions perfectly well on all of my PCs and laptops in any test I give it.  However once uploaded to the LMS (Kallidus 8.2) the student can access the course as many times as they want without completing it.  However, once completed and the quiz has been passed, they can no longer obtain access to the course.  When they try the course loads (I can see it) but it does not get passed the loading animation and just seems to freeze. I can see that no matter which LMS is being used hundreds of people are having this problem.  Does anybody please know how to get around this issue?  Can the Captivate team please advise?

Any and all help very much appreciated.

Lecutas...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until Adobe distributes this patch everyone keeps talking about, I would suggest you just disable Resume Data bookmarking by going into LMS Customisation and ticking the box to Never Send Resume Data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: Whoops.. Didn't see page 2 with the hotfix etc.. Deleted my reply as it is no longer relevant.

/Michael

www.cpguru.com - Adobe Captivate Widgets, Tutorials, Tips and Tricks and much more..

Message was edited by: www.cpguru.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources