Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

latest versions affect auto-scrolling to anchors

Apr 13, 2012 3:11 AM

Tags: #scrolling #updates #broken #anchors

i have a couple of sites live right now built with muse - both are one-pagers using anchor points to allow menu-based navigation.

http://noordfolk.nl

http://friensemblet.com

these were working fine until i last updated them (the first time i had done it since the last muse update) and now the scrolling doesn't work properly any more.

i'm using safari as my browser, but have had reports from my clients suggesting that they are seeing the same issues at their end.

you can see the issue if you click on 'kaartverkoop' at the noordfolk site, or 'music' at the friensemblet site. the scrolling stops short of where it should and leaves you hanging. a second click takes you to where the first should have. once the site has done this once it appears to right itself and not do it again.

i've also noticed that where the sites i built using this process before the lastest muse update don't change the content of the URL bar in the browser when you click to scroll to an anchor, these new ones do, so that suddenly you get /#[anchor] at the end of your site address. looking at my own site - http://matmartin.co.uk - also a muse build, i can see that this isn't happening and that the scrolling works fine. i imagine these two differences are linked.

anyone know what's going on? how to fix this? i'm reluctant to update any more sites if it is going to break their navigation systems.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2012 9:46 AM   in reply to flatpack-music

Can you please send your Muse file to muse-support at adobe dot com along with a link to this thread? Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 10:43 AM   in reply to Niti Hantaweepant

We have identified the issue and will fix this in the next release. Thank you for your help improving Muse. This is due to a bug in JavaScript when trying to animate the scrolling for an anchor on index.html page.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2012 4:54 PM   in reply to Niti Hantaweepant

it's still not fixed.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2013 1:03 PM   in reply to flatpack-music

i have the same issue...Adobe needs to fix this right away...i am on a big project for the client and I can't even do anything now.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2013 1:22 PM   in reply to shotdang1970

The problem reported here in April 2012 was fixed long ago.

If you're encountering a similar issue, please supply the URL for a page that demonstrates the problem. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points