• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

URGENT: Can't enable email for Admin? HELP!

Participant ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's that serious. I've been without email for a day now and I can't afford to go much longer without it.

After 10 years with another hosting service, I finally made the move to BC. Set up an email for another person on our website and then tried to configure my own. I am the managing partner of my BC account as well as having my business' account on the BC service as well.

For some reason, the "enable email" is not checked on my account details. So, naturally I went to "enable" it by checking the box. No such luck. It keeps referring me back to my account management page for Adobe in general and nothing I do can get the "Admin" email (mine) enabled on my own website.

Someone please help end this insanity and please tell me what I am overlooking. I will keep looking for solutions until either I find one or someone contacts me here. Please don't try to email me… for now, I cannot be reached in that manner.

BZP

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be wrong here but my understanding is that the email you use to get to the admin is by default activated if on the same domain. If the email you set up to access the Partner portal is not the same as the domain you will need to set up a new user in your admin and activate the email for that user.

So I am just guessing that the admin login email you are using is different than the email you are trying to set up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The email I'm trying to access is the same as the admin email for my Partner Portal. So, if it is activated by default, then why can I not access the webmail with my user password tied to the Partner Portal email "username"?

I've already set up a new user and email is working just fine, so I know that the system in a general sense is functional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information here:

When I cross over into the "old" BC interface and out of the "V3 Preview", I'm able to view the two Users currently set up. One is an "email only" user that the email is working just fine and I'm able to go into that user and change details associated with that user, including enabling email, etc. It also shows my address but when I try access it to "enable email" (which is unchecked and grayed out) I am not able to access it and I get this message at the top:

"Account details for this user can only be changed on the Adobe website at this time. You may only remove this user from this site by clicking the 'Delete' button."

Of course, when I follow the link provided, I can't find ANYWHERE to "enable email" for this account as it is tied to my BC-hosted website / webmail.

So, now I reason is the solution to:

1. Make the other user an admin.
  2. Delete my user account
  3. Re-create my account with my email and make sure to enable the email functionality
  4. Change admin capabilities back to myself and remove them from the surrogate user / admin I imbued with said power before

Again, taking shots in the dark here until either someone who's dealt with this before helps out or Adobe throws me a rope.

Can't restate more loudly how URGENT this matter is. Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried accessing the email through the webmail?

Go to http://mail.yourdomain.com

If it is the same as your admin login to the partner portal I believe it will work by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have tried to use the webmail interface with every conceivable password possible.

I've attached a graphic to illustrate the button that is giving me grief:

I don't suppose anyone knows a rapid way to get Adobe invloved on this?

enable.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, just got off the phone with Adobe and now I'm more than a little bit disappointed in the answer. I spoke with a service rep that directed me to the knowledge base for Business Catalyst and instructed me to look for a "work around".

Now, having been a professional for over 20 years and and Adobe customer for just as long, that's quite a load of B.S.

I've been to the knowledge base. It's usually where I go first looking for solutions. Kind of a do-it-yourselfer in that regard. Secondly, the issue in and of itself directs me back to Adobe and my account page with them, completely independant of the Business Catalyst System entirely with no visible solution to this problem when I arrive at the main Adobe ID account page.

ADOBE, if you're listening, this is unacceptable behavior. We're not hobbyists here, we run businesses and are relying on your business solutions to be exactly that; BUSINESS SOLUTIONS – not BUSINESS GOOSECHASES.

Now, that I've had my chance to vent, if someone from Adobe would please contact me through this board, not email obviously to get this remedied, I would appreciate it very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just made a form submission "contact" with the BC support team. No response as of yet. This is a dire situation indeed. Losing revenue with each passing hour we don't have our email.

Anyone have any other ideas here? REALLY could use some kind of solution here.

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking in. I see the issue is getting alot of views, but no solutions yet. My research throughout the forums show that this is quite possibly something that the BC crew will have to handle due to the initial site the username was attached to has long been deleted from the system.

ADOBE!!! ARE YOU OUT THERE!

Seriously though, there really should be someone monitoring these boards for situations that truly are of an emergency nature. .................help?....................

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there. I am in my iPad but the way admin and emails works was changed and fuly documented and announced.

I do not know about the old interface but switch to the new one. You shoukd be using that anyway. Every new site has that by default and the old one is there just so you can transition to the new one.

Admin and email users are now split. You have admin users and you set them up and under site settings as well you then set up the email users.

Thy why and what of this can be found in a blog post on the bc site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Base zero, in terms of these forums, brand new just started getting up and running and in general BC support is not on here 24/7. If you have serious issues you need to use ticket or live support. No point calling adobe either because they won't know about business catalyst.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liam, thanks for the input.

I found out calling Adobe doesn't solve anything… the hard way.

Almost completely demoralized at this point. Just spent the entire day trying to sort this out. Been on Live Chat with BC for the past hour. They don't know what's wrong with it either.

Had me submit a ticket because the dude I was chatting with couldn't solve it. Said it needed to be escalated. So I did. He said I could continue to use BC while they sort it out on their end. Now, I can't even log into BC. Keep getting errors. Was seriously pushing this to be a Branded platform solution for our clients. May have to rethink that now. Not sure.

Guess the exhausting part of this is that after spending the entire day trying to sort it out, come to find out that the issues are not related to anything we did or didn't do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you simply need to reassign the user to the site you want to enable email for.

So log into the admin console as the user you wish to enable email for, then navigate to home > my details. From the 'Default Site' dropdown, select the site that you wish to enable email for as this user.

Then you should be able to navigate to admin > manage users and enable email for yourself. You may need to log out and in again before the changes take affect. You may also need to populate the password fields on the My Details page for the changes to the default site to take affect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude, it's gotten even worse now. I can't even log into Business Catalyst to do anything on any of the accounts I'm currently building or managing for our business clients, much less my own email. It keeps returning "Bad Credentials" when I try to login.

I'm really incredulous at this point that this isn't resolved. Fortunately, I have a user I can log into away from my partner account to submit yet another ticket calling attention to this, but I am really amazed and frustrated at the level of attention that this is NOT getting by the ADOBE team.

We're not a Premium Partner yet, but if anyone else is and could do us a Good Samaritan favor, please call attention to this thread and the issue at hand for us, we REALLY need to make some headway on this ASAP. We have a growing list of current clients and "new proposal" prospects that aren't aware yet that we have ground to a halt on their work and proposals due to this terrible situation.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By some chance you are using Adobe Muse as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But just to be straight, this problem presented itself while we were working with Business Catalyst, not Muse. Even though we create content and publish via Muse into BC, all of it has transpired while working inside the BC system itself.

With that out of the way, why do you ask?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because there was a bug that causes problems with connections in the latest Muse build. I believe there is a note about this on the Muse Forums. I am not at my work computer at the moment so I don't have the link handy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I suppose I'll head over there and let them know what is going on as well. Maybe they'll have better luck getting some response from the BC team to get this issue resolved.

On another note, Is this the typical level of support I can expect from the BC team?  If it is, they really need to invest more time and thought into their support processes if this is the extent of product support that they provide. I get it if a form doesn't work on a website or something that is that of a technical "hey we're working on a problem that will be handled in the next patch" type of support.

But this is a Game-Stopper kind of issue and we're going on 48 hours with Live Chat, Trouble Tickets from two different sources and still no visible results from BC.

In additiona, since I can't access my partner account at all at this point, is there somewhere else I should be going or door I should be pounding to get their attention? Do they even frequent these forums, or am I just spinning my wheels here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Forums are User to User Forums. And to be honest the BC Team and a few very knowledgable people such as Liam frequent these forums more than most Adobe User Forums. You almost never see an Adobe Employee on the Dreamweaver Forum. They are meant for User to User troubleshooting and advise.

I do know that BC is in the process to making some changes to the current support ticketing system as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brad is correct, it does not sound like you went to BC support much at all. The forums are more comunity - partner to partner although BC will post here. These are brand new aspect of BC forums on the Adobe forums so people are just finding their feet on here as well from the BC comunity.

Muse is at fault, lots of us building BC sites not having problems but we have not all made the switch over the Adobe ID stuff which is becoming clear that is your issue. Your not allone and as Brad rightly pointed out it is because your using the Muse which had that account creation aspect and its messed things up.

Other people have reported this and BC staff on here have already acknolweged the problem.

Muse.. why do people use it? lol. Just crap on so many levels, this is just another reason for me to hate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse.. why do people use it? lol. Just crap on so many levels, this is just another reason for me to hate it

Mark this day on a calendar! Liam and I agreed on something. Muse = Bad .... very very bad. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just watch these forums when it goes gold and creative cloud launches Brad.

Be prepared to answer questions you can't believe are asked, lol.

I feel for support. They are struggling now, it's going to be an utter nightmare for them.

Adobe ID stuff for BC got pushed back so it is a surprise to see the Muse stuff role with it, looks like Adobe was ready but not BC Side.

I hope lessons are learned and this does not happen to all of us when it's fully rolled out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 15, 2012 Apr 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BaseZero,

Please see my PM and get back to me if you have any further issues.

Cheers,

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines