• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded Mac OS to 10.5.8, now Photoshop 7.0 won't open

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2012 Jan 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled the program, and still it gives me the message "An unexpectd and unrrecoverable error has occurred because of a program error.  Photoshop will now exit" when I try to launch it.  Any ideas abou t what the problem is and how I can fix it? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2012 Jan 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you check the system reqs for PS 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the process you went through for upgrading to 10.5.8?  Have you tried reinstalling Photoshop 7?  Also is this Photoshop Elements 7 or Photoshop (pre-Creative Suite) 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI I am having the same issue, why is this happening , when I reloaded it also asked about a classic enviroment?? please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PatriciaBruhn are you trying to use Photoshop 7 or Photoshop Elements 7?  Also which type of Macintosh do you have?  If it is an Intel based Macintosh you will not be able to install the classic environment as that requires a PowerPC based Macintosh to run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I am using a ibook g4 and it is photoshop 7 no intel ( i have cs5 and cant use it because i dont have intel that is why I am reloading photoshop 7. I lost everything and had to rebuild I am using leopard, I have tiger and older versions.)

Patricia Bruhn

Graphic Designer

860-916-8371

Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 10:17:33 -0600

To: pebbles_peb@hotmail.com

Subject: Upgraded Mac OS to 10.5.8, now Photoshop 7.0 won't open

Re: Upgraded Mac OS to 10.5.8, now Photoshop 7.0 won't open

created by Jeff A Wright in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - View the full discussion

PatriciaBruhn are you trying to use Photoshop 7 or Photoshop Elements 7? Also which type of Macintosh do you have? If it is an Intel based Macintosh you will not be able to install the classic environment as that requires a PowerPC based Macintosh to run.

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ParticiaBruhn.  Are you also running 10.5.8 as the original post indicated?  If you could also provide the exact error message it would be helpful.  Finally you have reinstalled Photoshop 7 and did not just copy it from one Mac to another Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still haven't received a response to my situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kfgunch if you could please answer the question I asked previously it would assist me with providing additional guidance for your situation.  The questions are as follows:

What was the process you went through for upgrading to 10.5.8?  Have you tried reinstalling Photoshop 7?  Also is this Photoshop Elements 7 or Photoshop (pre-Creative Suite) 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi im have the same error when i try to open photoshop 7 and its just 7 not elements.  also im on a macbook pro os x version 10.6.8 i have tried the clt-option shift but it does nothing but close and give me the same error message . can i not use one this old?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nevermind i did some research and it says that this is not supported on my machine cause its an intel? grrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is entirely possibly Mommyothree.  Photoshop 7 was designed to work with both OS 9 and Mac OS 10.1.3.  Needless to say Apple has made quite a few changes to the OS as well as the type of processors which are utilized by Macintoshes since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Jeff

Yes 10.5.8 and the error is an unexpected and unrecoverable probelm has occured because of program error photoshop will now exit yes reinstalled photoshop 7 (I own publishing suite)

Patricia Bruhn

Graphic Designer

860-916-8371

Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 11:47:35 -0600

created by Jeff A Wright in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - View the full discussion

Thank you ParticiaBruhn. Are you also running 10.5.8 as the original post indicated? If you could also provide the exact error message it would be helpful. Finally you have reinstalled Photoshop 7 and did not just copy it from one Mac to another Mac?

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you PatriciaBruhn unfortunately the error is a bit generic.  The best I can offer would be for you to try the steps listed in Troubleshoot system errors, freezes | Mac OS 10.x | Adobe software - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html.  These are generic troubleshooting steps and are great when the exact cause of the problem is unknown.

I am not sure if the time and effort of going through the steps will be useful though as you may still run into difficulties.  I might also suggest trying Photoshop Elements 10 - http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html or Photoshop CS5 - http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop.html and seeing if either one of those fit your needs.  Depending on what you use Photoshop 7 for you may find that Photoshop Elements can do the job plus have additional capabilities not even thought of during the time of Photoshop 7's development.  Both Photoshop Elements 10 and Photoshop CS5 have a minimum system requirement of 10.5.8 so as long as your system meets the remaining requirements then they should work fine on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks I will try it, I havent reloaded elements yet, I really need photoshop as I am a designer and use it alot for photos & need it right now, I have the CS5 Suite but it will not let me run it on this mac, it ask for intel processor and I have been unemployed for over 2years and cant affiord a new MAc right now , that is why I am so frustarated with the whole issue, it all started when I went to up grade to 10.5.8.

Patricia Bruhn

Graphic Designer

860-916-8371

Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 12:14:34 -0600

Thank you PatriciaBruhn unfortunately the error is a bit generic. The best I can offer would be for you to try the steps listed in Troubleshoot system errors, freezes | Mac OS 10.x | Adobe software - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-f reezes-mac.html. These are generic troubleshooting steps and are great when the exact cause of the problem is unknown. I am not sure if the time and effort of going through the steps will be useful though as you may still run into difficulties. I might also suggest trying Photoshop Elements 10 - http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html or Photoshop CS5 - http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop.html and seeing if either one of those fit your needs. Depending on what you use Photoshop 7 for you may find that Photoshop Elements can do the job plus have additional capabilities not even thought of during the time of Photoshop 7's development. Both Photoshop Elements 10 and Photoshop CS5 have a minimum system requirement of 10.5.8 so as long as your system meets the remaining requirements then they should work fine on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also experienced the same problem when I upgraded to OS10.5.8 from OS10.4.11. Photoshop 7.0.1 and ImageReady 7.0, which were both purchased as part of CS1, no longer launch. The message is: "An unexpected and unrecoverable problem has ocurred because of a program error. Photoshop will now exit." The Console message is : "5/15/12 1:05:19 PM [0x0-0x70070].com.adobe.Photoshop[615] SysBreakStr: An unexpected exception has occurred. "

Both programs work fine under OS10.4.11. I have a Power Mac/ dual 1.3GHz/ 2 GB RAM. I do not plan to purchase an Intel Mac because all of my software and work files only run on Power PC. Even if I were to get an Intel MacBook, I would still need a Power PC to continue my work.

Does Adobe have a fix for this problem? According to other users, it does not seem to be generic, but rather it's a problem specifically affecting the compatibility of OS10.5.8 with CS1 versions of Photoshop and ImageReady. BTW, the other components of CS1 (Illustrator 10, InDesign 2, GoLive 6, and LiveMotion 2) all work fine under OS10.5.8. Unfortunately, Photoshop 7.0.1 doesn't work at all and that's the software that I most often use. Can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... And, yes, Photoshop 7.0.1 has been reinstalled.

Unfortunately, the result was the same... no launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

G Moler please review this thread in detail.  There has been no updates made available for Photoshop 7 to increase compatibility with 10.5.8.  There are links within in this thread to generic troubleshooting documents you can try to make your copy of Photoshop 7 function in Mac OS 10.5.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines