Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

End Action...ecute because of end action on the final chapter point

Apr 13, 2012 8:11 AM

Tags: #dvd #build #timeline #dvd_menue #encore_cs5 #error_building

I am using encore from CS5: 

Question 1: Is there away to see the complete problem wording? All I see when I do a check is: end action.....ecute because ofend action on the final chapter point

Question 2: I have tried several methods and read information from the forum but I still have the problem. What is the problem and what is the fix?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 10:10 AM   in reply to lewisville

Have you tried maximizing the check project panel? And before posting this, I had a chance to look and it won't help. I think I've seen this message in its complete form, but you get the same abbreviation when it appears during  a build error check.

In any event, tou have set an end action on a chapter. When you do this on the last chapter, it executes, and then the end action on the timeline will not execute. Encore is just warning you that this is the case. If the end actions are the same, you can ignore it.

With playlists (and chapter playlists for DVDs) you are less likely to need to be setting end actions on chapters anyway.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 10:45 AM   in reply to lewisville

In earlier versions, the message essentially said: "The End Action will not Execute, because of the End Action one the final Chapert Point." This is not really an error message, but an informational message, telling you that your Playlist, or Chapter Playlist has an End Action, and that will take precedence over an End Action in a Timeline.

What is your monitor's resolution. Often when a dialog box gets truncated, it's a resolution thing, however it appears that Stanley is getting the same truncation.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 2:42 AM   in reply to lewisville

There is a Column divider in the Check project dialog box. Click and drag that to the right to expand the "Problem" column. The divider is a little vertical line that might be just upward in the line of the last alphabet in the error line that you mentioned.

And for the informative message that you mentioned, that is just to inform you that if the timeline's end action was set to something else, then that will not be executed.

Hope this works for you.

-Ramesh.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 5:17 AM   in reply to ram8kumar

I see the column divider, but not one to the right of the "Problem" column. Also, the "maximize" option is greyed out for this panel. I resized it wide for this screenshot.

EN CS5 Check Project Panel.png

Edit: I see it now! Showed up better in the screenshot than on my screen!

EN CS5 Check Project Panel Divider.png

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 9:17 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

That little "bar" IS tough to see.

Glad that you found it.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 9:18 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Now that we know its there....

Ramesh to the rescue once again!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 7:51 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

Ramesh to the rescue once again!

I agree! I'd have been testing my screen resolutions, etc., and off on a "pixel hunt," but when one knows exactly where to look, it'll be easy to spot in the future - sort of like the scroll bars in the Premiere Elements GUI. On a high-rez monitor, they are all but invisible.

Thank you Ramesh,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points