Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Problems with Photoshop Elements 10

Apr 13, 2012 3:13 AM

Tags: #help #elements #photoshop_elements_10 #clone_stamp_tool #spot_healing_brush

Hi, I have recently installed elements 10 after having been a user of elements 7 for a couple of years.

Having never experienced any problems in 7, I am finding 10 to be a different kettle of fish.

I am an amateur photographer and use PSE for post processing of my photographs.

Rather than list every problem in one thread I shall gradually work through the problems and the first

one is with the spot healing brush tool. I find that this tool seems to have a life of its own. Sometimes

it follows my instructions but after using it for a few minutes it starts to misbehave and jump about the

screen when I click the mouse. When this happens, cloning takes place at points that I did not select.

This problem has also been happening when I use the clone stamp tool.

I am running PSE on a laptop running windows Vista. Yesterday I decided to uninstall and reload PSE

which does not appear to have made any difference at all.

Any ideas please?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 3:37 AM   in reply to Gibboleica

The first thing you should try is resetting the pse 10 preferences:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/photoshopelements/using/WS287f927bd30d4b1f 626a494c12e28b3ab58-7fe2.html

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 10:47 AM   in reply to Gibboleica

Make sure you have the latest video driver installed for your system.

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2012 9:22 AM   in reply to Gibboleica

I am so glad I'm not the only one having this problem!  I was thinking I was crazy!  I have the most problems with the transform tool and the eraser.  I click on my item to erase somewhere and it "jumps" to another spot and erases there.  This is posing a huge problem for me!  I've tried the resetting the preferences to no avail.  Will look into the video driver.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2012 8:20 AM   in reply to Gibboleica

I am also having these problems, and my drivers are all up to date. This is really driving me crazy!!!! I have an eraser that just does whatever it wants, this is very very stressful......Did you find a fix yet?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2012 7:38 AM   in reply to Gibboleica

Thanks for replying, My laptop runs windows 7 and meets the requirerments stated by PSE10, I have orded more memory see if that helps. If not I guess I will upgrade to a new laptop. Again thanks for replying.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points