Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Set Library panel default menus and buttons

Apr 13, 2012 11:44 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 11:44 AM   in reply to Community Help

Not able to access items (menu, buttons, images, etc) in library panel. Can't toggle items in the set or the buttons.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 12:18 PM   in reply to david manley

First, a few questions:

Did you install the Functional Content?

In Edit>Preferences, where is Encore pointed to for that content? Is that where it is installed?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 2:53 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Thanks, Hunt, for responding to my question. I should tell you, that I'm a very recent convert from FCP and this is my first go at Encore. Did I install functional content? I thought I installed everything on my download.

But how would I know what did/didn't get installed? The only items active in my Edit>Preferences is History. Everything else is grayed out.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 3:19 PM   in reply to david manley

For missing library when installation was from downloaded files:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/853/cpsid_85388.html

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 7:47 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

Thank you Hunt, thank you Stan. That solved that problem. No doubt, as a recent convert from FCP, I'll be back with more questions. But nice to know that the Adobe Forum is equally helpful, astute, and generous as was the Final Cut Forum. Many thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 7:51 PM   in reply to david manley

You are very welcome.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 7:54 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

Now if I can just figure out how to award points.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 9:27 AM   in reply to david manley

Great news.

Never hesitate to drop by with any questions.

We are seeing a lot of FCP converts, and welcome them with open arms.

There will be similarities, but also some differences. The folk here will attempt to smooth out those differences.

Now, if things get deep in "Mac-speak," I will have to sit on the side-lines, as I am a PC-only guy, but for general "stuff," will try to help.

As for the "points," only you (or a MOD) can even see the little buttons for that. There should be 1 "Correct Answer" button available to you, on each Reply, until that has been awarded. Many refer to it as "The Big 10." Then, the OP has the potential to award 4 "Helpful Answers," worth 5 points each. That number was recently up'ed from 2. Once all of those have been awarded, you, the OP, will see "Unmark," or similar.

Good luck, and happy authoring.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 3:32 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt,

I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing any buttons, neither "correct answer" or "Helpful answers", on any reply. Perplexing.

David

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 4:19 PM   in reply to david manley

I can see that you logged in (not just responding from email); that was my only thought, then I notice that this was initiated through the help document. "You" are not the "original poster," so can't rate or give points.

This is an example of the advantages and disadvantages of automatically linking comments on the help page to the forum. You got some help, but this whole thread is now on that help page. And you don't really control the thread here in order to rate it. But the good clearly outweighs the disadvantage.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 4:42 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

Ah, ha. So that's it. OK. I owe Hunt and you.

David

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 7:48 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

This is just a guess on my part, but as the OP came via the Community Help, it might be that you do not have those buttons available, when using that route - same as a post that I originate, but do not designate as a 'Question." In that case, there are no "Correct Answer," "Helpful Answer," ec. buttons - so not points. Remember, that is but a guess, and the Community Help posts are still fairly new, so many of us are "learning, as we go."

The important thing is that you are now authoring!

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points