Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Synchronising folders LR4

Apr 13, 2012 11:16 AM

LR4 appears to suffers from the same problem as LR3, in regards to Synchronising Folders. If individual folders are synchronised, all goes well. However, if the complete Picture folder, with tens of subfolders is selected, then something goes wrong. The last trial I did, LR4 said there were 65 new pictures to import. After completion, only about 25 pictures were imported. Issuing the command a second time, LR said there were 40 new pictures to import. Again after completion, only 20 were imported. Once again, ask to synchronise folders, 20 were found. This time, the synchronisation did not finish. It just hangs with Import files at their current location, but only about 10 pictures are shown.

The only thing I can do now is to cancel the task. After cancelling, the synchronise folder command is no longer available. I have to close and restart LR to continue

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 12:57 PM   in reply to Vienna_Sydney

Does it make any difference if you have "Show subfolders" toggled on/off?

..but then it probably needs it on, otherwise it would not find anything...?

The only reason this does not bother me is probably the difference in workflow: I use LR's import to copy the images from my camera cards and create the desired subfolders inside "My Pictures". Then they stay there, not getting any more filled other than by maybe a 2nd LR-import.

The drawback is that I can trigger only 1 import from 1 card at a time.

So I can understand a different choice in workflow, where you parallelize the copying from multiple cards via OS and then just trigger one synchronize folder as import action.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points