Skip navigation
jims-last-try
Currently Being Moderated

LR 4 suddenly shows all catalog pics as magenta-blue?

Apr 13, 2012 1:07 PM

I've been using LR 4 since it was issued with no problems. Today when I opened the program I found all the catalog pictures were a bright magenta and blue primarily. This is true for both RAW and jpeg photos. I imported additional RAW photos from my camera card and the thumbnails on the card showed ok colors, but when imported into LR they also were magenta-blue. Photos when viewed in Paintshop Pro and ThumbsPlus show correct coloration and my monitor has been calibrated using HueyPRO. The bright magenta and blue colors appear in Library, Develop, Slideshow, Print, but the web thumbnails look OK. Any help will be most appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 1:51 PM   in reply to jims-last-try

jims-last-try wrote:

. I imported additional RAW photos from my camera card and the thumbnails on the card showed ok colors,

mhm.. my glas orb is not working.. what camera?

what LR version exactly?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 2:09 PM   in reply to jims-last-try

Regardless of your calibration regiment, it is still possible you have a corrupt profile. Since you are using Paint Shop Pro, I know you are on Windows. Try setting the monitor profile in Windows to the Default sRGB profile and see if the problem goes away. If it does, recalibrate your monitor.  Lightroom is very good at exposing corrupt profiles.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 11:46 PM   in reply to jims-last-try

When I had a similar issue of strange colour casts only in LR after import the reason was that I somehow had achieved to apply auto-white-balance as develop default... Rendering plants'green into blues.

So you might want to check the exact develop settings these images have after import.

If you did not tweak them, but want to stick to Adobe's defaults, you can simply reset them to Adobe's default.

...just a wild guess, after you have ruled out monitor calibration profile...

Good luck,

Cornelia

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points