Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Capturing video from a WDM Device

Apr 13, 2012 2:03 PM

Tags: #video #capture #premiere_elements_9 #wdm

I am trying to import video from our camera (a Sony DV camera from 1997!)

It worked with dv-firewire before, but now it isn't working, and we think there might be a problem with the dv connection on the camera...

We have WinTV 7, which captures and records television to the TV, and is connected with a "Hauppauge! USB-Live|2 Analogivideo digitizer"

So I unplugged the TV inputs from it, & plugged the camera in w/ component cables, and Premiere is able to recognize it, but it imports it with the bottom quarter of the file as a green bar. My project settings are standard definiion (4:3), so I don't understand why the imported video is being squished and has a green bar on the bottom of it.

Any ideas? I tried using the WinTV software and changing settings in there (in case that somehow controls the device's settings to...), I made sure that too is set to 4:3...I tried right-clicking in the capture window and played with the capture settings & device control....nothing!

I've attached a picture.....where you can clearly see the green line I'm referring to.

Help would be appreciated!

adobe help printscreen [50%].jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 2:39 PM   in reply to LNPato
    • First try another FireWire cable.
    • When using your TV card is the green bar an addition to the video or obscuring a part of it?

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 2:58 PM   in reply to LNPato

each plugging into a "Dynex FireWire 800 ExpressCard Adapter"

Does that adapter also have an IEEE-1394a (FireWire400) connector on it? PrE will not be able to Captrue over IEEE-1394b.

If so, does that connector work with another IEEE-1394a device?

Can you Capture through your Hauppauge card via Windows Movie Maker, on some other such software?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 5:06 PM   in reply to LNPato

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status