Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

URGENT: Can't enable email for Admin? HELP!

Apr 13, 2012 9:22 AM

Tags: #email #enable #admin #help! #panic

Yes, it's that serious. I've been without email for a day now and I can't afford to go much longer without it.

After 10 years with another hosting service, I finally made the move to BC. Set up an email for another person on our website and then tried to configure my own. I am the managing partner of my BC account as well as having my business' account on the BC service as well.

For some reason, the "enable email" is not checked on my account details. So, naturally I went to "enable" it by checking the box. No such luck. It keeps referring me back to my account management page for Adobe in general and nothing I do can get the "Admin" email (mine) enabled on my own website.

Someone please help end this insanity and please tell me what I am overlooking. I will keep looking for solutions until either I find one or someone contacts me here. Please don't try to email me… for now, I cannot be reached in that manner.

BZP

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 9:29 AM   in reply to BaseZero

I may be wrong here but my understanding is that the email you use to get to the admin is by default activated if on the same domain. If the email you set up to access the Partner portal is not the same as the domain you will need to set up a new user in your admin and activate the email for that user.

So I am just guessing that the admin login email you are using is different than the email you are trying to set up?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 9:52 AM   in reply to BaseZero

Have you tried accessing the email through the webmail?

Go to http://mail.yourdomain.com

If it is the same as your admin login to the partner portal I believe it will work by default.

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,694 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Apr 13, 2012 2:35 PM   in reply to BaseZero

Hey there. I am in my iPad but the way admin and emails works was changed and fuly documented and announced.

I do not know about the old interface but switch to the new one. You shoukd be using that anyway. Every new site has that by default and the old one is there just so you can transition to the new one.

Admin and email users are now split. You have admin users and you set them up and under site settings as well you then set up the email users.

Thy why and what of this can be found in a blog post on the bc site

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,694 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Apr 13, 2012 2:37 PM   in reply to BaseZero

Base zero, in terms of these forums, brand new just started getting up and running and in general BC support is not on here 24/7. If you have serious issues you need to use ticket or live support. No point calling adobe either because they won't know about business catalyst.

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,694 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Apr 13, 2012 3:12 PM   in reply to Liam Dilley

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 12:06 AM   in reply to BaseZero

Sounds like you simply need to reassign the user to the site you want to enable email for.

So log into the admin console as the user you wish to enable email for, then navigate to home > my details. From the 'Default Site' dropdown, select the site that you wish to enable email for as this user.

Then you should be able to navigate to admin > manage users and enable email for yourself. You may need to log out and in again before the changes take affect. You may also need to populate the password fields on the My Details page for the changes to the default site to take affect.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 9:39 AM   in reply to BaseZero

By some chance you are using Adobe Muse as well?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 11:12 AM   in reply to BaseZero

Because there was a bug that causes problems with connections in the latest Muse build. I believe there is a note about this on the Muse Forums. I am not at my work computer at the moment so I don't have the link handy.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 11:31 AM   in reply to BaseZero

The Adobe Forums are User to User Forums. And to be honest the BC Team and a few very knowledgable people such as Liam frequent these forums more than most Adobe User Forums. You almost never see an Adobe Employee on the Dreamweaver Forum. They are meant for User to User troubleshooting and advise.

I do know that BC is in the process to making some changes to the current support ticketing system as well.

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,694 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Apr 14, 2012 7:16 PM   in reply to Brad Lawryk

Brad is correct, it does not sound like you went to BC support much at all. The forums are more comunity - partner to partner although BC will post here. These are brand new aspect of BC forums on the Adobe forums so people are just finding their feet on here as well from the BC comunity.

Muse is at fault, lots of us building BC sites not having problems but we have not all made the switch over the Adobe ID stuff which is becoming clear that is your issue. Your not allone and as Brad rightly pointed out it is because your using the Muse which had that account creation aspect and its messed things up.

Other people have reported this and BC staff on here have already acknolweged the problem.

Muse.. why do people use it? lol. Just crap on so many levels, this is just another reason for me to hate it

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 8:31 PM   in reply to Liam Dilley

Muse.. why do people use it? lol. Just crap on so many levels, this is just another reason for me to hate it

Mark this day on a calendar! Liam and I agreed on something. Muse = Bad .... very very bad. ;-)

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,694 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Apr 14, 2012 11:08 PM   in reply to Brad Lawryk

Just watch these forums when it goes gold and creative cloud launches Brad.

Be prepared to answer questions you can't believe are asked, lol.

I feel for support. They are struggling now, it's going to be an utter nightmare for them.

Adobe ID stuff for BC got pushed back so it is a surprise to see the Muse stuff role with it, looks like Adobe was ready but not BC Side.

I hope lessons are learned and this does not happen to all of us when it's fully rolled out.

|
    Mark as:
  • mario_gudelj
    1,679 posts
    Oct 13, 2010
    Apr 15, 2012 2:01 AM   in reply to Liam Dilley

Hi BaseZero,

Please see my PM and get back to me if you have any further issues.

Cheers,

Mario

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 9:42 AM   in reply to BaseZero

Could you please post the solution to this issue?

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 10:23 AM   in reply to JoJoMcK

Hi JoJoMcK!

Let us know which email account you are having troubles with and I can look into this further. 

If wanting to keep the mail address private send me a direct PM here.

Cheers!

-Sidney

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 9:57 AM   in reply to Sidney Mitchell

Hi everyone!

Just to recap Jojo's issue. 

Client's Issue: After client merged their user ID with Adobe they then wanted to enable email for the specific ID as well. 

Resolution:  The user will need to go into the site admin and go to site settings -> email address.  Create an email only user under the same merged Adobe ID as required.  Thne under "activation email" use another email address to recieve the email to active the newly created mail account. 

Hope this helps!

-Sidney

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points