Skip navigation
Siggy76
Currently Being Moderated

PRE10 Additional Content/HD Content Issues with/During Install and Operation

Apr 9, 2012 2:03 PM

Tags: #premiere_elements_10 #premiere_elements_10_additional_content #premiere_elements_10_hd_content

I am having troubles installing the PRE10 "Additional Content" and/or "HD Content" (files are downloaded, and successfully installed according to my PC and the software) but everytime I open PRE10, I get the error message that a "Reduced set of content has been installed" then tells me to go online to download additional content (and takes me to the EXACT content that I have already installed, and recieved "completed successfully" prompt), or insert disc with additional content. I bought this software from adobe.com and only have the downloads. Can anyone help me to get PRE10 recognizing the additional HD content that is supposed to be already installed on my machine??

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 9, 2012 2:20 PM   in reply to Siggy76

Hm-m, sounds like you are doing, what you are supposed to do, but something is not working.

Having bought from Adobe, I would not anticipate that they would have given you the link to the Additional Functional Content for the wrong platform. I am not sure what differences there might even be, between platforms, as most of those files are either PSD (Menu Sets), or PRTL (Title Templates), and should be X-platform.

Let's start from within the program. With a Project Open, click on the Create Menu Tab. Using the drop-down, at the top, do you see many Menu Sets, in groups, such as Entertainment, Wedding, etc.? Based on that error, I would not anticipate that you will see most of the content.

Now, in Windows Explorer, or Finder (Mac), look in the PrE sub-folders for "DVD Templates" (do not think that sub-folder's name has changed), and you should see many sub-folders below that, with PSD's, PNG's, MP3/WAV, etc. files. This is to determine if the files and folders did install, but if PrE did not get linked to them.

BTW - what is the name and file extension on that downloaded Additional Functional Content file?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 3:14 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Meantime, how many templates and categories of templates do you see under the Disc Menus tab?

You may have successfully installed the additional content, despite what the program says.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 4:15 PM   in reply to Siggy76

Siggy,

In the Create Menus Panel, there are two little drop-downs. One basically navigates to the sub-folders, where various genres of Menus reside, including Entertainment (the default), General, Happy Birthday, etc., and then the second one will be Show All (default), or can be selected, to show just one Menu Set in that sub-folder, say Night Vision. In my PrE 4.0, I have 12 Menu Sets in Entertainment. I think that PrE 10 has added a few more.

In your program's DVD Templates, how many sub-folders do you have? Look inside of a few of those sub-folders, and let us know if you are seeing a full compliment of PSD's (the actual Menu Sets), PNG's (the thumbnails for the Create Menus catalog), and then possibly some Audio and some Video files for those Templates that have Motion Backgrounds.

If you did not, then something smurfed your installation, and you did NOT get the full compliment.

Good luck, and let us know what your search finds.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 4:42 PM   in reply to Siggy76

In the PrE GUI (the full program's editing space), you should have several tabs along the upper-right, with names like Edit, Create Menus, Share. They were in different colors, at least in PrE 4.0. When clicked upon, each opens their specific Panel.

If you have done an "Undock Headers," and moved a bunch of Panels around, then from the default layout/Workspace, look to the right of the Program Monitor (should be in the upper-left of the Workspace, above the Timeline), and tell me the names of the tabs that you see.

Good luck, and I really need to install PrE 10, but had been waiting for the new 64-bit laptop, which has been delayed. Hope I am not steering you off course, because I am on an older version.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points