Skip navigation
kickinthehead
Currently Being Moderated

PPro CS6 timeline audio track solo option?

Apr 13, 2012 4:08 PM

In CS6 is there a one button press in the audio tracks of the timeline to solo the audio from one track? FCP had one button for solo and Avid you can Command-click the speaker to solo.

CS 5.5 only has it in the separate audio mixer tool, but I was hoping it would be put into CS6. I've looked around all the information I could find, but I think a feature like this is too small to be featured on a bullet point list of features.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 4:11 PM   in reply to kickinthehead

Then simply wait for its appearance and you will know. This will likely not be a make-or-break issue. Patience.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 4:53 PM   in reply to kickinthehead

I find the Solo (multiple Tracks can be Solo'ed) button in the Audio Mixer very easy to use.

Now, Audition has it for the Tracks in the Track Header, and that might be just a tad quicker, if the Audio Mixer does not have focus in its Pane, but when doing any Audio work, I give it focus, when I start.

I have not seen a close-up of the CS6 Track Headers, so cannot comment.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 4:55 PM   in reply to kickinthehead

Until CS 6 has been officially released, anyone, who did the beta testing cannot comment. All we have to go one are what we can pick up from any "sneak peaks," and there are not that many - yet.

Time will tell,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 5:15 PM   in reply to kickinthehead

No, PrPro CS 6 was not a "public beta," like PS CS 6 was, so all testers were under an NDA.

Now, with your post, there might well be someone from Adobe, who can say, and will step up with the info, before the official release. In the past, Todd Kopriva has been very good at dropping little tid-bits for us, when appropriate, so the post is not for naught - it just might take a bit.

Once, it was rather like the US Congress telling us, "you have to pass the bill, to see what's in it," but that began to change, with about CS 3, and got better with CS 4. By CS 5, Todd was on-board, and has been great with his blog, and his posts, to give little previews of "things to come." I have no reason to believe that he will change things much with CS 6. If it IS officially released during NAB, I expect all sorts of links to hit. Even if the official release is after NAB, there will likely be much buzz created at NAB, so we might know in a very short time.

Keep an eye on this post, as Todd, or another Adobe person, just might stop by, and share info.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 7:34 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Actually, most of the new features are fully on display already.  Todd's already posted some excellent tutorials on what's new.  Here's a link to audio changes in CS6, where he does a direct comparison against CS5.5 to contrast the changes:

http://www.video2brain.com/en/videos-13079.htm

Cheers

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 8:51 PM   in reply to Wil Renczes

(Oh, and yes, in response to the OP, you'll notice that each track in the mixer has a solo button as well as mute.)

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 9:10 PM   in reply to kickinthehead

Ah, I follow.

In the track header, you can shift-click on an audio mute button and it'll disable all the tracks, then you can re-enable the one you want.  So, two clicks to get there, rather than some kind of invert-click the one you want to solo, which is what I imagine you're shooting for...

Cheers

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points