Skip navigation
yikt
Currently Being Moderated

Which color scheme should I use for my blog?

Apr 13, 2012 10:38 AM

Tags: #color #blog #scheme

Hey all experts!

This is Sahir. I have a blog in wordpress which is running successfully but I am not satisfy with its color scheme. I would love to recieve expert's opinions about the color scheme of my blog. Here is my blog, please have a look and suggest.

http://yesiknowthat.com

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 6:20 PM   in reply to yikt

Hi Sahir,

Personally I liked the colors of your blog, maybe some light greys on the white margin areas but overall I thought the colors quite nice. I think color choice is a personal thing and you should select ones which you personally enjoy that you think compliment the content of your blog and suit your own tastes.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 1:16 AM   in reply to yikt

Hi Sahir,

If you ask me, and in fact you do, I'd say I like the basic colors of your blog, but they probably don't match the colors in the title-logo. You use colors with lower saturation, but in the title logo you use very saturated colors and even 2 tints of them.

Sjef.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 2:04 PM   in reply to yikt

Things that I noted in relation to layout. Content in the center of the page could extend further to sides of the page. Topics on the menu along the top were not evenly spaced and I wasn't sure how they related to the stories, assume it would filter all stories to just be ones about that topic but I wasn't sure. Personally, I like blogs with some kind of short explanation or synopsys what the content is for or about, wondered if yours would benefit from some kind of short tagline or explanation to go along with the logo at the top or a separate section. It wasn't self evident to me at least what kind of content I was looking at at first, random stories or links to videos? Layout was fine, functionaI, clean simple look but page seems to be missing descriptive text about what the site is actually about...logo helped but I was still left kind of guessing

A collection of interesting stories and videos from the web to promote knowledge and spur conversation

-Dave

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points