Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Why did the Adobe Reader icon disappear from my Apps list?

Mar 15, 2012 5:34 PM

Updated the version that was factory installed on my Android phone to V. 10.1.1   At some point soon after, the icon vanished from the app icon grid.  It still can be accessed via several backhanded means, but I have no way to just open the reader from the apps list now and browse my docs.  I uninstalled the updates and it returned.  I then updated again and the same thing happened, only now when I uninstall the updates the icon will not return.  If I go to the "Remove App" function, it is in that list????

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 15, 2012 9:44 PM   in reply to Frontovik41

[moved to Android forum]

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2012 11:48 AM   in reply to Frontovik41

I am not sure what happened here. This should not happen. What brand of phone do you have? I will have our team follow up with the manunfacturer to see if there is something that they have done that is triggering this misbehavior.

Dennis Griffin

Principal Product Manager

Adobe Reader for Mobile

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 9:44 PM   in reply to Frontovik41

Hi Frontovik41,

We just released a major update of the Android Reader on the Android Market.  Please go and udpate it and let us know if you see any issues.

For more information about this update, check out our blog post at: http://blogs.adobe.com/readermobile/2012/04/10/now-available-comments- forms-and-more-on-adobe-reader-for-ios-android/

Thanks,

-Gaurav

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 10:35 PM   in reply to Frontovik41

Hi Frontovik41,

Could you confirm if this issue is only happening with Adobe Reader, or is it also happening with other apps on your phone?

Thanks,

Gaurav

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 11:54 PM   in reply to Frontovik41

Hi Michael,

Can you please confirm that the 'Apps list' you're talking about is the one on your 'Home Screen'? I mean are you talking about disappearing of the App shortcut that you could have added by dragging-and-dropping the app icon from 'All Applications Grid' to the 'Home Screen'?

If that is so, then firstly you should have the icon in 'All Application Grid' of your phone, secondly the icon on Home Screen should have disappeared because we made some Android activity related changes in our application that might have forced the OS to remove the shortcut from the Home Screen, but those changes were made in 10.1 update, and I think you're facing this problem since then, right?

Thanks,

prakhar

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 12:46 AM   in reply to Frontovik41

That's strange. We know that the device you're using is HTC Evo Design. Can you also share he Android version?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 1:31 AM   in reply to Frontovik41

Thanks Michael, We'll try to reproduce and investigate this issue at our end.

Thanks for reporting.

-prakhar

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 8:10 PM   in reply to i_love_pdf

I'm also having this same problem on my Verizon HTC Rezound.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Android Version v2.3.4

HTC Sense v.3.5

Adobe Reader X  v.10.2.0, Build 58423

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 1:38 AM   in reply to PanaGH2

It might be that the shortcut to  previous version got deleted from your first screen , after the update. You might  have to re-create/copy the shortcut.

-vaibhav

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 11:00 PM   in reply to Frontovik41

Same thing happeneing to me. Using HTC EVO Design (but exact same thing happened with my previous HTC EVO 4G). You can see it in "My Apps" in the Market / Play, but not in the apps list, neither can you add a shortcut on your home screen.

Android 2.3.4, HTC Sense 3.0, PRI 2.97_003, PRL 51084

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 12:21 PM   in reply to Frontovik41

Same here. I'm also having this same problem on my Verizon HTC Rezound.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Android Version v2.3.4

HTC Sense v.3.5

Adobe Reader X  v.10.2.0, Build 58423

PDF files can only be opened via file manager and choosing Adobe Reader, but creating a shortcut is impossible. HTC Rezound has Adobe Reader as a system package, so it's not removable. Please advise if this will be fixed in the upcoming ICS OTA as it's very annoying. <- forgot, this is HTC's issue.

I think anyone having same issues with Adobe on an HTC Rezound as above, we may have to have HTC deal with it. Hopefully in the next OTA update with ICS, it will be fixed. No guarantees.

<< NOTE >> Can be fixed if you root the Rezound, remove the adobe reader apk from the system and install from play store. but this breaks the phone's warranty, so doubt people will do this.. kinda?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points