Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

LR 4.1 RC: How to export one photo?

Apr 13, 2012 11:33 PM

I am using LR 4.1 RC on Win7-64 and have a test catalog that I have created with 25 photos.  I am in the Develop module working on one photo.  I then select File > Export so I can create a resized jpeg and save it on my hd.  At the top left of the Export window it says Export 25 Files.  Huh?  I only want to export one file.  I looked at the LR help for the Export function:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/lightroom/using/WS75C39DDC-B701-4840-A703- 0755A5C04878.html

It says:  Select the photos and/or videos you want to export and choose File > Export.

I  only selected one photo.

To try something different I then go back to the Library module and select just this one photo.   I then select File > Export so I can create a resized jpeg and save it on my hd.  At the top left of the Export window it again says Export 25 Files.

By the way, I did try to export anyway to see what would happen.  LR tried to export all 25 files.

Am I doing something wrong?

Replies
  • Rusty Sterling
    81 posts
    Feb 21, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 14, 2012 12:34 AM   in reply to bakubo

You need to do your export from the Library module and not the Develop module. Just hightlight the photo you want to export in the Library module, and then indicate the parameters as to where and how you want to export the image. I've done this many times. The key is, export from the library module and not the develop module.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 14, 2012 1:04 AM   in reply to bakubo

There are 3 levels of selection:

dark grey = not selected

grey = selected

light grey = most selected

To deselect all do CTRL-D first, then to select click in the middle of your thumbnail, it becomes lightgrey, you've now selected one image and that's the image you work on in Develop.

Frans

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 1:11 AM   in reply to bakubo

Are you sure that you haven't got all 25 images selected?

Check in the breadcrumbs bar immediately above the Filmstrip (see attached screenshot) and it will tell you how many photos are actually selected. If all 25 are selected, click on the frame (not the actual image) of the image you want to export (either in the Library Grid or in the Filmstrip), that will de-select all the others.

Capture.JPG

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 2:16 AM   in reply to bakubo

Hi Bakubo,

The weird thing is how they all got selected since I didn't do it.  I just fired up LR, clicked on the photo, and then went into Develop.

The map module does not seem to be included here.

But there are other threads which report about a similar buggy behaviour that all of a sudden you have a selection or filtering that you are unaware of.

Map module leaves something sticky residuals - maybe other actions do as well...?

So it is definitely a good idea to keep watchful what exactly you did before it may re-occur.

Cornelia

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points