Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Customer tracking problem

Apr 13, 2012 12:15 PM

Tags: #contacts #web_apps

Hi guys,

I am doing a Yoga Studio Website. For the most part it is going pretty straight forward, but the issue is they need a customer tracking feature built in that they can just scan a clients card and it records that they were there and and reduces their number of pre purchased classes.

I can do this very easily with PHP/MySQL. However I see no way to do this with Business Catalyst.

So is there a way that I can pull the customer contact data from the BC site into an external php site that I will have to build for them to track their client visits?

Having to enter client info twice into two different systems is not a good option in this case.

Any ideas?

Replies
  • Liam Dilley
    6,679 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Apr 13, 2012 2:45 PM   in reply to Brad Lawryk

Hey BRad.

Use the BC data but API.

make a custom field which is their pre-purchase classes. They can pay and make request for them on the site and admin can update the field there.

API wise you external system pics up the scanning links directly to you middle layer (PHP) which processes and updates BC for them.

The Data needs a unique identifier so their email or I'd so you can look for them on the BC site and then update the data.

Or it could be done manually in the CRM when ever that happens.

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,679 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Apr 13, 2012 5:19 PM   in reply to Brad Lawryk

http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/635/bc_635.html

The links on there link to the more detail API stuff.
    It is SOAP.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points