Skip navigation
Steve_Kernohan
Currently Being Moderated

I can't get merge to HDR to work in CS6 - works OK in CS5

Apr 14, 2012 6:05 AM

I'm using a Nikon D5100. When I try th merge to HDR in CS6 nothing happens - no hour glass to suggest that the computer is even tryin to process the task. When I try the same in CS5 it works each and every time.

Any clue as to what is going on?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2012 10:11 AM   in reply to Steve_Kernohan

Hum, works fine with my D7000 NEF files. I'm using Windows and have done a bunch of HDRs.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 2:39 PM   in reply to Steve_Kernohan

Just curious-

Did you happen to point your CS6 additional plugins folder back to CS5?

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,052 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 17, 2012 4:03 AM   in reply to Steve_Kernohan

Steve, in your CS6 preferences, under plug-ins, you pointed to the root folder of the CS5 plug-ins, which causes issues, as explained here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/965931?tstart=0 you need to point to yuor additional plug-ins folder, if you have any. When CS6 beta will end, you'll need to reinstall CS5, or to purchase CS6...

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 11:28 AM   in reply to Steve_Kernohan

I could not merge to HDR in CS6 using the CS5 Bridge I had already installed, but I can with the CS6 Bridge, I have both CS5 and it's Bridge and CS6 and it's Bridge installed on my Windows 64bit desktop, and so far they work fine, the only trick I have discovered is that I need to open CS6 FIRST, the do "Browse in Bridge" from within CS6. That opens the CS6 bridge and then it all works fine to merge to HDR.  I'm liking CS6 a lot so far.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 12:18 PM   in reply to Steve_Kernohan

I am glad you are all up and running now and that HDR is working as expected.

File associations with CS5 and CS6 and default files can be confusing. We will make a more comprehensive help file, but here is a start- see link below.

As Pierre mentioned, it is important that plugins are in the right place.  Never point additional plug-in paths to older Ps versions; it only causes problems. If you have 3rd party plug-ins that you wish to load in mulitple versions of Ps, then either reinstall them for each Ps version, or install them to a distinct  custom directory away from the Ps installed plug-ins. See faq on that too below:

FAQ: What do I need to know about file associations when I load the Photoshop CS6 beta?

FAQ: How do I install my favorite plugins to Photoshop CS6?

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 12:54 PM   in reply to Pierre Courtejoie

When CS6 beta will end, you'll need to reinstall CS5, or to purchase CS6...

If I install cs6 then I have to reinstal cs5? (on mac) sorry to for asking here... just wondering becouse I dont have to do that with old version... thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 1:14 PM   in reply to okjoss

I think he's just reminding the user that the beta of CS6 will expire.

If you're upgrading, you need an installed CS5 from which to upgrade.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points