Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

indesign interactive pdf (pop up graphics)

Apr 13, 2012 12:46 PM

Tags: #cs5 #pdf #indesign #mac_os_x #interactive #indesign_pdf
Trying to figure out how to create a pop out image of a thumbnail.  Making a digital portfolio for a class project and I would like to have thumbnails of my work on each page of the interactive pdf.  When someone rolls over the thumbnail I would like for a larger version of it to appear.  I have found a tutorial on this however I ran into a stumbling block when the very first step showed him using "object styles".  In his menu was a style called popout graphic (or something similar) and that does not appear in my object styles menu.  I have been looking for this for about 45 minutes now, going through every little menu and clicking on every possible thing to see if I can locate it.  I'm really desperate at this point this project is due on Monday so I hope someone can save me.  Thank you! 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 1:37 PM   in reply to Mark Boggs

First object style will not work in the Interactive PDF they will work in SWF only

and I dont think what you are trying to do can be achieved in Indesign for PDF but yes it is possible for SWF

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 6:58 AM   in reply to Mark Boggs

Accoring to Milford&Brown 99,3% percentage of computer users can open SWF exported from InDesign (requires Flas Player 9 or newer)

iPhone and iPad users can´t open SWF, they can open PDF but on the other hand, they probably can´t use any interactive features in that PDF.

Almost all computer users can open PDF but problem is that there is hundreds of reader softwares and only Adobe Reader and Acrobat can show the PDF with all the features. For instance mac users very often open PDF with Mac Preview which kills most of the interactive stuff in PDF.

So SWF is not bad choise after all. All the users who can open it (99.3%) will see it pretty much same way and with same features.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 7:28 AM   in reply to Mark Boggs

When you export the file in SWF from the Indesign then the timing has to be set...

Go to Windows-->Interactive-->Timing

In this you will see the mov file and mp3 file.....Select both of them and then click on the "chain link" icon on the bottom of the panel.

you will see the mov file and mp3 file linked

now export the file in SWF and check

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points