Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Firefox 11 Not Reporting Correct Version of Flash v. 11.2.202.233

Apr 14, 2012 8:21 AM

Tags: #not #flash #version #firefox #of #11 #reporting #correct #11.2.202.233 #v.

Today (April 14, 2012) I installed the new Adobe Flash v. 11.2.202.233 on four computers (several Mac and several PC/Windows).

Eveything went fine except that Firefox does not seem to have the new Flash on any of the Windows PC's (it worked fine on Mac). That is, when I go to the Adobe test page (http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/), it is reporting that Firefox is using the immediately prior version 11.2.202.228. However, all other Windows browsers (e.g., Opera, IE, etc.) all report the correct version on that test page.

And I checked Windows Programs and Updates and it shows version 11.2.202.233 installed.

So, why is Firefox 11 showing the old version? Anyone have any ideas and hopefully a fix?

Adobe, you should fix this.

Evan Katz (EKatz at CrawfordVentures.com)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 14, 2012 9:58 AM   in reply to Evan H. Katz

Reboot your machine!

The new version shows in IE straight away. Strangely, if you check your installed add-ons in Firefox immediately after installing a new version, it shows both the old and new versions. A reboot removes the old version, leaving the newest one to take precedence!

Exactly the same thing happened to me. It even showed the latest version in 'uninstall programs', so I knew it was properly installed and a reboot was probably required.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 14, 2012 7:53 PM   in reply to Evan H. Katz

I didn't need to reboot my computer, but I see in the FlashInstall.log file that the ActiveX and the plugin did not update at the same time.  It is possible that the plugin waited with the update until I closed Firefox?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points