Skip navigation
Vaunn
Currently Being Moderated

How did they do that? Stella McCartney interactive iPad ad

Apr 10, 2012 11:05 AM

Tags: #app #content #indesign #overlay #interactive #magazine #digital_publishing_suite #magazine_ipad

Hi all,

Does anyone know how Meri Media created the Stella McCartney interactive advertisement for tablet devices: as first seen in POST Gravity? Video of ad available here

I showed my first year creative media students, who are creating their own iPad magazine aps, POST and they were blown away - then had to admit my ignorance when they started asking questions.

Any face-saving insight would be greatly appreciated. I'm not even going to go near the infra-red wireframe technology used on the cover.

Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 11:20 AM   in reply to Vaunn

Fairly certain they used HTML5. Look at http://htmlstacker.com/ they have some simlair plugins for indesign but pretty pricey.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 11:43 AM   in reply to Automator21

HTML5 is my guess a well.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 10:27 PM   in reply to Automator21

When you say you have some similar plug-ins, did you get them from HTMLSTACKER or did you get them from somewhere else?

I'd love to know if there are cheaper alternatives out there...

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 10:36 AM   in reply to Vaunn

Definitely HTML5 + javascript. It's cool but jeez, for the price of the plug-in you could get a decent coder to develop for you.

|
    Mark as:
  • Casey Jensen
    293 posts
    May 4, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 8:23 AM   in reply to Vaunn

You don't really have to guess. If you've downloaded the issue, you can get to the source and figure it out.

PM me for details -- I don't really like publicly posting that kind of information.

Casey

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points