Skip navigation
barbaraki
Currently Being Moderated

more languages on 1 website (part2)

Apr 14, 2012 8:52 AM

I want readers on my website to choose their language, and I am hoping for some ideas from you experts. I got some solutions in the last thread, and I am studying these, but it is a bit difficult for me (I just started with Dreamweaver building websites) and have never heard from php. But you are never to old to learn, so that's what I am trying to do now.

My site is in dutch http//:www.freeoncrete.nl

Barbaraki

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 14, 2012 9:14 AM   in reply to barbaraki

Hi Barbaraki,

I'm sure Gramps will bring you a better explanation, nevertheless I would like to try it with MY cookbook:

• use index.php from Gramps 16
    • make a new DW file
    • delete all(!) and copy Gramps entries "menu_en.php" in it.
    • store under "menu_en.php"
    • Do so with menu_nl.php and all the others.

Copy all these files into one single directory, dont forget a directory for the newestSpryAssets and your flags.

Here my newest test file only with flags: http://hansgd.de/AdobTest/MoreMenueGramps/indexIm.php. I hope I'll get them in a single row next time.

Good luck!

Hans-Günter

P.S.

Please dont use "'" as in "foto's".

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 9:23 AM   in reply to barbaraki

Hi Barbaraki,

naturally no offense! I saw this minor flaw at the moment, please control it:

plaatjes/vlag_fr.gif (do you really need a gif file? All the others are jpg.) and plaatjes/Vlag_gr.jpg > the others are written "vlag".

Hans-Günter

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 9:06 AM   in reply to barbaraki

Barbaraki Καλημέρα!

Yesterday we had a little party, so I can reply only now. Drawings are an engineer's language, so let's try it also for our DW.

Step one; open a new file:

drWebs01.jpg

Step two: Delete all:

drWebs02Leer.jpg

Step three: copy Gramps "index.php" and insert it into the empty file:

drWebsGrIndex.php01.jpg

and store it as "index.php".

Step four: insert/copy Gramps "menu_nl.php":

drWebsGMenu_nlphp01.jpg

Next steps: Repeat step four in the same way for all your other "menu_de.php", "menu_en.php" aso.

Now try it in a offline browser or load it up to your server, and delight you at your new experience.

Καλή τύχη!

Hans-Günter

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 3:58 AM   in reply to barbaraki

Hello Barbaraki,

that shouldn't be a problem, 'cause you only have to put all the special informations for the category they participate in of your "menu_de.php", "menu_en.php" aso.

Because this is obviously complex and timeconsuming, I suggest that you review the matter again and again, either by previewing a page in DW (push the F12 key). You could also use a special offline browser.

Sorry, unfortunately there is no better information (in my opinion), if you really want change in this new direction, you need a very strong dip into the inner workings of the DW.

I  therefore ask the question whether or not you should stay at your current mode with the flag and you only solve the problem (see my former hints) with the spry menu which opens in the background.

Good luck and make a good choice!

Hans-Günter

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 11:34 PM   in reply to barbaraki

???

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)