• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Firefox 11 Not Reporting Correct Version of Flash v. 11.2.202.233

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today (April 14, 2012) I installed the new Adobe Flash v. 11.2.202.233 on four computers (several Mac and several PC/Windows).

Eveything went fine except that Firefox does not seem to have the new Flash on any of the Windows PC's (it worked fine on Mac). That is, when I go to the Adobe test page (http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/), it is reporting that Firefox is using the immediately prior version 11.2.202.228. However, all other Windows browsers (e.g., Opera, IE, etc.) all report the correct version on that test page.

And I checked Windows Programs and Updates and it shows version 11.2.202.233 installed.

So, why is Firefox 11 showing the old version? Anyone have any ideas and hopefully a fix?

Adobe, you should fix this.

Evan Katz (EKatz at CrawfordVentures.com)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Reboot your machine!

The new version shows in IE straight away. Strangely, if you check your installed add-ons in Firefox immediately after installing a new version, it shows both the old and new versions. A reboot removes the old version, leaving the newest one to take precedence!

Exactly the same thing happened to me. It even showed the latest version in 'uninstall programs', so I knew it was properly installed and a reboot was probably required.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reboot your machine!

The new version shows in IE straight away. Strangely, if you check your installed add-ons in Firefox immediately after installing a new version, it shows both the old and new versions. A reboot removes the old version, leaving the newest one to take precedence!

Exactly the same thing happened to me. It even showed the latest version in 'uninstall programs', so I knew it was properly installed and a reboot was probably required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable!  Even after 30+ years using computers, and having once been a Contributing Editor of Personal Computing magazine, it never even occurred to me to reboot the PC!

Although, who would ever imagine that a browser plug-in would require a system-wide reboot!  Indeed, with Opera and IE showing the new Flash version -- and with prior Flash updates showing the correct version right away on Firefox -- it never crossed my mind to reboot today.

Also, hey Adobe, why not advise users, when they install Flash, that they will need to do a reboot before Firefox uses and/or shows the correct new version!

Thank you, Steve, for solving this mystery and taking the time to post the answer!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't need to reboot my computer, but I see in the FlashInstall.log file that the ActiveX and the plugin did not update at the same time.  It is possible that the plugin waited with the update until I closed Firefox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines